What's new

Best headchoppers, footchoppers, close encounters etc.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I always find myself pulling my arms in on Millennium Force between the two overbanked turns on the island. I'm not sure why - I know there's the required space, but that support comes at you so fast, it's just a natural reaction. Phantom's Revenge is another with a great headchopper. The drop under Thunderbolt is phenomenal - You're out of your seat as you plummet through Thunderbolt's structure.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Surprised there aren't more mine trains listed here. One of mine is the end of Trailblazer at Hershey Park where the overhead beams get lower and lower.

BBH

Giga Poster
Going through the lift on Outlaw is amazing. (As is everything else about the ride.)

kimahri

CF Legend
Has any one mentioned Batman in georgia or Superman Tower of Power in Kentucky yet or is that just bat taste.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Kimi, I'm not sure what's worse - the fact that you posted that or the fact that I laughed as much as I did.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Shambhala
Tunnel at the bottom of the first drop
The huge support on the entrance to the "&"

Raptor
The last chopper effect on the inline twist

Stealthyrose

Roller Poster
Nemesis. All of it. Especially when you have bare feet because you were stupid enough to wear flip flops to Alton towers. Cringe!

ultradude306

Roller Poster
Sitting on the outside seats on the trip out on Goliath at la ronde is pretty freakin crazy... Always think you'll hit the supports of the other hills beside you.

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
This week, my county had the annual fair and there was called called the yoppi and you could literally reach out and bang against the supports :eek:

Smithy

Strata Poster
Millenium Coaster has a pretty decent headchopper just as it dives for the second loop in between JO's supports.

Also has a decent headchopper off ride as you leave the park. Could hang off the rails if I fancied living life with stumps.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Now that I've finally ridden Gatekeeper, I can say that in my opinion, the best near miss on the ride is on the left side during the inline twist. As you roll upside down, it appears that you're going to collide with the first keyhole tower, yet you keep rolling out of the way. It added quite a lot of excitement to my first ride.