Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Griffon

• SheiKra

• Total voters

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I was wondering which do you think is the best floorless coaster in the world?

Sorry if your fav floorless coaster isnt on the list

Tony

Hyper Poster
I have only been on 1 floorless coaster which was Superman at Parque Warner Madrid which I thought was very good and it had some nice floater airtime. Looks like one of the best floorless coasters to me. The trims take a bit away from it though.

It's between that and Superman Krypton Coaster which looks really good and it has a brilliant setting.

And I count Griffon and Sheikra as Dive Machines not floorless coasters even though they are floorless.

Well I wouldn't put SheiKra and Griffon in there to be honest, because they're not like the traditional floorless coasters. They're classed as Dive Machines, really, and though they're floorless, they can't really be classed as a floorless coaster if you get what I mean.

So, besides SheiKra and Griffon, I'd be willing to say Kraken or Hydra, but you did leave out some coasters in there.

Out of the two floorless coasters I've been on, which would be Medusa East and Dominator, they were both pretty much the same but I can remember more of my experience on Medusa, so I'll pick that.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Well I haven't exactly done a floorless coaster yet but the ones that look the best to me would probably be Kraken, Hydra or Dominator.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I've ridden one floorless coaster, Scream! at SFMM.

But I was thinking about this earlier, and I think the best looks like either Superman Krypton Coaster or Hydra: The Revenge, but I'm not sure.

Superman looks great for intensity and overall layout and Hydra looks awesome too with it's amazingly unique and twisted layout.

Scream! was awesome, even if with it's poor setting, so I don't see why I shouldn't give that a mention as a top floorless as it was pretty intense. Superman Madrid, Kraken, Dominator and Medusa SFDK look great too.

Jake

Strata Poster
No Medusa?

I've ridden Batman SFNE and Superman Madrid. Superman was better, but neither rocked my socks.

Sheikra and Griffon don't count.

I vote Krypton.

Homer

Hyper Poster
I've only ridden SheiKra, so I'm sticking to that. The front row is freakin insane on the first drop, especially since its floorless. And try to stick on an edge sit for added intensity.

Snoo

The Legend
Sheikra and Griffon shouldn't be in their, as they use their floorlessness to a different degree.

Normal Floorless coasters are totally different.

I've ridden Medusa (SFGAdv), Dominator, and B:TDK and Dommy was the best.. but of all that i've seen, Krypton Coaster owns them all.

Echoes

Mega Poster
Well Griffon and Sheikra blatently own everything else on that list (especially Griffon), but they shouldn't count, as others have said.

I haven't been on any normal floorless coasters (hopefully Dommy comes to KD next year!), but from looks alone I think Hydra looks amazing. Uniqueness is always a plus in my book and Hydra seems to have tons of it. Kraken and Krypton look pretty good as well, but Hydra is the one that really stands out to me.

And Homer, have you ridden SheiKra in the back? Because on Griffon you seem to get ejected a lot harder in the back than the front on both drops.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
I'd guess Hydra from looks alone, it's the only time someone's realised that floorlesses don't have to be big and focussed on inversions (especially when you consider their apparent lack of forces), but are really well suited for family fun. And seriously, WHAT a paint job!

youthink?

Roller Poster
Echoes said:
(hopefully Dommy comes to KD next year!)
It is coming there next year, there are track pieces already there! And the best floorless coaster to me would be Krypton, shame that I was at San Antonio at one time and didn't go to Six Flags :(

Richie

Hyper Poster
I haven't ridden any of them, but I'd say Hydra looks the best out of them (not including dice machines). I would love to ride it!

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
I've only ridden 2 floorless coasters Sheikra and Medusa so clearly between the two Sheikra is the best for me.

Out of what I haven't ridden Griffon looks like the best in the poll. Dive machines are amazing.

tycoon11990

Roller Poster
I've only ridden Kraken, Dommy, (and on that list SheiKra). I don't count SheiKra.....I liked Kraken better (great zero-g roll and underground interaction) but Krypton looks amazing!

Echoes

Mega Poster
youthink? said:
Echoes said:
(hopefully Dommy comes to KD next year!)
It is coming there next year, there are track pieces already there! And the best floorless coaster to me would be Krypton, shame that I was at San Antonio at one time and didn't go to Six Flags :(

Wow, when was the announcement? I missed it completely!