Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Shark at Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SW7 at Alton Towers

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I can't really comment on the 'best', as i've not ridden many, but of the ones I have ridden, its a pretty close call. They're all much of a muchness. They've got a steep drop, they go upside down, they're all about the same speed... I seem to be in a small group who actually quite like Typhoon too, I didn't find it too intense, even the 2nd time I rode it, when i'd not been to a theme park in about a year. Rage seems to ride better, but it just seems to be lacking something, and I always quite enjoyed Speed, although that had more of a rattle than the other two in the year it opened, so god knows what its like now!

With any luck, i'll get to ride one of the newer ones at some point in the future though!

ignace

Mega Poster
Novgorod. I have never been on a coaster with a comparable amount of theming and storytelling, and yes i have been to Disney :D.

On the other hand, the only other Eurofighters on my list are Typhoon and Falcon. Falcon is a fun little coaster, but Typhoon is a number 3-coaster for my bottom list, and sadly, for me the nearest loopingcoaster :(...

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
From the list I've got...
Speed at Oakwood Theme Park
Mystery Mine at Dollywood
Spongebob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge at Nickelodeon Universe
Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia
Untamed at Canobie Lake Park

While I'd like to give DDD the nod for its lapbar and lovely slow zero g roll... Speed is by far the best I've been on.... Powerful, fun, smoooooth (rode it opening year) and it was my first. During ERT I took some 17 laps on it.. and bailed on Megafobia just to keep riding

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I am in that small minority of people who really love Saw. It's even in my all time top 10 coasters. Must have ridden it around 40 times now, and I have never experienced the roughness so many people talk of! Is there something wrong with me?!

I also like the first half of Speed, but find the helix uncomfortably tight at the end.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Radaxian said:
I am in that small minority of people who really love Saw. It's even in my all time top 10 coasters. Must have ridden it around 40 times now, and I have never experienced the roughness so many people talk of! Is there something wrong with me?!.

No don't worry, I think it's mainly to do with your height/body shape. Taller people seem to suffer more.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
furie said:
From that point of view (from the tarmac outside), probably Speed for the ridiculous square corner and being able to collect the cash falling from people's pockets.

I can't believe I forgot about that. Me and Steph having floating coins coming towards our faces on the drop thanks to Slayed. Oh and trying to find the ones that had landed on the tarmac :p

billybobjoebob

Mega Poster
the only one i have been on is mystery mine. I very much loved it and it currently sits at number 11 for me. lol on the last inversion of the ride my dad's cell phone fell out of his pocket and i caught it in mid-air!

sparky2u

Mega Poster
"Saw" cos of it's track layout & that amazing speed hump which drags you down while in the air.

"Speed" This is ok, with a fantastic speed hill but dont like the ending, they could of had a few more airtime hills, tunnels & banked corners instead.

"Rage" This is fun, but way too short.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Saw isn't SW7 though. I agree and think it is, but SW7 doesn't have a beyond vertical drop and has different cars. If it is a Eurofighter, it's a new/unique version not listed anywhere.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
Radaxian said:
I am in that small minority of people who really love Saw. It's even in my all time top 10 coasters. Must have ridden it around 40 times now, and I have never experienced the roughness so many people talk of! Is there something wrong with me?!.

No don't worry, I think it's mainly to do with your height/body shape. Taller people seem to suffer more.

Yep. On most coasters that are percieved as rough, I'm fine and get off lightly due to my height, but for some reason Eurofighters work the opposite way on me.

Only been on three:

1) Rage - short, sweet, rough around the edges but not painful, re-rideable factor (did it over 20 times times in a row once, 26 times in one day)

2) Saw/Sore - A great layout theoretically which, due to now unbearable roughness in far too many sections, causes major discomfort and pain. A shame really.

3) Speed - all I remember is "Ouch, what the hell is wrong with this airtime hill?!". Dull RCT style layout coupled with ridiculously slow batching by Oakwood (I know it shouldn't contribution to the coaster itself, but with Speed it does) makes it the worst of the bunch I've been on.