Falcon at Duinrell
Huracan at Belantis Theme Park
Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia
Untamed at Canobie Lake Park
Takabisha at Fuji-Q Highland
Eurofighter at Zoosafari Fasanolandia
Iron Shark at Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
SW7 at Alton Towers

I wrote SW7 just in case this thread goes into March.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Everyone knows the rational answer is Takabisha because it is an irrational coaster. Seriously, a coaster with that many inversions, beyond vertical drops, and launches is overcompensating for something.

Rather than be a cop out, I will vote Mystery Mine. It is a mediocre layout that is thoroughly pushed into the good category by great storytelling and theming. I have never seen a roller coaster so perfectly blend in with its surrounding park.

790_4218450106040_115142216_n.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Jason Voorhees said:
That was only 6 coasters, This is all of them :D
I know, that's why I didn't lock this topic. Just thought you might like to see what people have already posted there as they might not post the same thing again here (especially if their favorite was included there).

I also made this into an actual poll for you. Let me know if you dion't want it & I'll remove the poll.

TilenB

Strata Poster
For me Fluch seems the best, but I have ridden none, so...
Is SW7 confirmed as eurofighter now?

Nic

Strata Poster
Out of the ones I've ridden (Rage, Saw, Typhoon, Falcon, Speed) Falcon is the only one that didn't try to kill me. Doesn't make it best though.

Jake

Strata Poster
I secretly think Dare Devil Dive looks fab because of the lap bars <3.

Takabisha is the most interesting layout wise but I can't get over how fugly that lift hill is <///3.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Fluch von Novgorod was the best for me, the theming was above average and it wasn't even finished, and the layout was interesting as well as having a launch. But generally they're quite poo.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
Same as Jordan, Fluch von Novgarod. Went on it with all the theming complete and it was just amazing. I completely forgot it was a Eurofighter until close to the end, I was just blown away by the rolling launch at the beginning. Just want to go back to Hansa to ride Fluch over and over again.

Fluch LOOKS like the best overall experience, Takabisha looks ridiculous, and Dare Devil Dive has lapbars.

HOWEVER, I haven't been on any of those three, so I'll only choose out of the three I've ridden. I've been on Mystery Mine, Saw, and Rage, and I must embarrassingly choose Saw. I know everyone probably thinks I'm vile for this, but because I am from overseas and probably see Thorpe in a different light than most of the English Thorpe haters, I found the ride pretty enjoyable. I liked the theming and I didn't think the ride was that bad either.

Mystery Mine would be second but apart from the theming I really didn't like the coaster at all. I think it's very overrated.

Rage wasn't that bad at all, but it was too short and had nothing to it as far as theming.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Everyone knows the rational answer is Takabisha because it is an irrational coaster. Seriously, a coaster with that many inversions, beyond vertical drops, and launches is overcompensating for something.

But if it rides anything like Saw does, it will be horrid!

Considering how much I LOVE Anubis, I guess I'd have to say that Dare Devil Dive look's to be the best to me.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Even though I started this thread I had to vote for Mystery Mine, because I havn't ridden it yet but in May it will be the only eurofighter i've ridden, so I had to vote for it. I heard it has some head banging acctually.

If I would have ridden them all, it would probally would have been Dare Devil Dive or Falcon for smoothness, Fluch Von Novgorod and Mystery Mine for themeing, for boring it probally would have been like Eurofighter and Vild Snvinet. Worst color scheme is Vild Snvinet and that is for any roller coaster IMO. I don't really care too much about themeing, so I think my favorite now that I think about it could have been either Dare Devil Dive or Takabisha. I also heard SSRBP is very smooth. But of course I had to vote for Mystery Mine.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I've only been on two of these- Rage and Saw. Neither are anything special but I'll go with Saw due to the indoor section.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Out of the ones I've been on:

Rage is my favorite. Its smoother than the others, but it's winning point is its shortness :D
Typoon is absurdly painful in every way
Saw makes my brain vibrate in my skull
Speed is ok but you can feel the joins between every section of track

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Takabisha looks like the best one by quite a long way, but from the ones I've ridden:

1. Fluch Von Novgorod: Boring outdoor section, but excellent indoor section and launch

2. Mystery Mine: As a coaster, it's actually quite poor. As an overall experience though, it's very good

3. Saw: I'm one of few enthusiasts who actually quite likes this one. Shoot me.

4. Falcon: Rage but smoother and in a much more pleasant setting ie. not Essex.

5. Rage: Not a bad ride at all, but very "plonked" and bare compared to Falcon.

6. Typhoon: I almost put this above Rage and Falcon as I actually think the layout is better. Too rough though. Ugly thing as well.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Standing at the side and not going on any of them is the best way to experience the POS ride type. From that point of view (from the tarmac outside), probably Speed for the ridiculous square corner and being able to collect the cash falling from people's pockets.

I enjoy Saw actually, but I know that a second ride on it would hurt me too much and then I would have to join the legions of enthusiasts who hate it - so I'll just sit with my one good ride on it and be different :)