What's new

Best coasters you don't want to ride that much? (not ridden yet)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I still haven't been to Skegness to get the giant SLC and that other big Vekoma thing, despite it not being that far away or that difficult to get to in the grand scheme of things.

I guess Legoland Florida is another one I struggle to care about. I could have gone. For free. I've had like 2 or 3 opportunities now.

I can't think of any major coasters that people talk highly of that I do not really care about getting, to be honest. Erm... Yeah. Can't think of any.

cookie

Giga Poster
Someone mentioned Efteling in this thread and to me personally it's an interesting case. I think the park looks very intriguing and it's something I'd like to visit, but it's not on the Europa Park/Phantasia- "I'm going to spend a lot of my own money to go there" level, and I think the one missing element, for me, is its own Taron. Taron is what pushed Phantasia over the bar for me (of course the rest of the park is great and I think Chiapas is a masterpiece) and if Efteling had a coaster on that level it would be an insta-go for me.

(Europa doesn't have a Taron-level coaster but it's a massive park with a huge coaster lineup you don't see in the rest of Europe and has a nice atmosphere in general. I'm waiting until the 2021 coaster opens until I do it a third time, though.)

Last edited:

GeaugaLakeisAlive

Roller Poster
Fury 325: I could be wrong, but it just seems really overhyped. It's a giga; cool, what else. I was underwhelmed with Millenium Force and Fury doesn't seem like too much of an improvement. Btw the only giga I'm really excited to ride is Intimidator 305 because of the sheer intensity of the ride.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Fury 325: I could be wrong, but it just seems really overhyped. It's a giga; cool, what else. I was underwhelmed with Millenium Force and Fury doesn't seem like too much of an improvement. Btw the only giga I'm really excited to ride is Intimidator 305 because of the sheer intensity of the ride.
I actually prefer Millennium over Fury. Bit surprised by that really. Was expecting to like Fury more as it seems to do everything that MF does and more: huge and steep first drop, large overbanks, great sense of speed, a bit more airtime and a bit longer, should be better right? Guess not. It's hard to explain really, I think Millennium just works more for me. I also had a slight headache (nothing too bad...I'd be fine, would ride Fury and would need a break) when I was at Carowinds so that probably affect my impressions a bit.

It's definitely a powerful ride it sits somewhere in my Top 20, but in general I prefer the B&M hypers as well and I'm not too eager to try out Leviathan compared to other rides.

mo237

Roller Poster
Shambhala doesn't particulary interest me that much. Sure, it looks great, but I've heard some horror stories about PortAventura (and I literally melt in anything above 20 degrees so going to Spain would be an endurance test!).

Then a controversial opinion is less of one particular ride, but more an entire park. There's an idea that the rides at Cedar Point are so bonkers and "out there", that I'm not sure if I'd want to go and risk having every other ride spoilt for me. Sure, they'll still be fun, but there's the idea of "oh but CP has the bigger and better version that makes this one pointless" in the back of my mind that puts me off. Not like I can afford to go to the States anyway :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Shambhala doesn't particulary interest me that much. Sure, it looks great, but I've heard some horror stories about PortAventura (and I literally melt in anything above 20 degrees so going to Spain would be an endurance test!).

Then a controversial opinion is less of one particular ride, but more an entire park. There's an idea that the rides at Cedar Point are so bonkers and "out there", that I'm not sure if I'd want to go and risk having every other ride spoilt for me. Sure, they'll still be fun, but there's the idea of "oh but CP has the bigger and better version that makes this one pointless" in the back of my mind that puts me off. Not like I can afford to go to the States anyway :p
If you think Spain is hot, then you need try going to Turkey in the middle of summer, 40+ degrees Celsius.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Taron. It looks OK I guess.
Hmmm, weird...

I doubt it, considering that is the country that has Taron, and many other great rides. ;)
(From the Star Trek Enterprise thread)

For me the best is Taron's soundtrack
(Soundtrack thread)

I love Taron's themeing, and Klugheim in general.
(Helix v Taron thread)

Yeah, I guess you think Taron is "ok" now, seems like you loved it before this thread...

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Steel Vengeance... nah jk, I’m desperate.

I have a strong desire to ride anything that looks even remotely decent. I’m not sure if that makes me sound enthusiastic or greedy haha.

The best answer I can give is probably Wonder Woman at SFFT, as I didn’t really think it’s counterpart at CGA was ‘all that’ and by far my least favourite RMC creation (aka still pretty good). Those shoulder straps were nasty though. Get rid of those and my mouth will be drooling for Raptors once again.

Matt N

CF Legend
I just thought of a couple more for this thread after watching PBE's America vlogs:
  • Magnum XL-200 at Cedar Point - Now, this ride seems to get rave reviews from most who ride it, but I can't seem to get very excited for it? That might be partly down to the fact I wasn't a massive fan of the Big One when I rode it last year, and to be fair, Magnum is supposed to be better than the Big One, but I must admit that Magnum doesn't excite me as much as some of the others at Cedar Point like Steel Vengeance, Maverick and even rides like Raptor and GateKeeper. Scott from PBE says that it's the best hyper in the world, though, so I might be in for a surprise when I ride it!
  • Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point - Again, everyone who's ridden TTD seems to rave about it like it's the second coming, but I'm not sure it really excites me that much? I mean, Stealth is a very good coaster, but I wouldn't say it ranks that highly for me (#15, to be exact); there are quite a few coasters I prefer within the UK alone. Stealth allegedly has a more forceful launch than TTD, and I'm not really sure what difference lap bars would make to the force of a launch. TTD might well be one of those things that has to be ridden to be believed, though!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I just thought of a couple more for this thread after watching PBE's America vlogs:
  • Magnum XL-200 at Cedar Point - Now, this ride seems to get rave reviews from most who ride it, but I can't seem to get very excited for it? That might be partly down to the fact I wasn't a massive fan of the Big One when I rode it last year, and to be fair, Magnum is supposed to be better than the Big One, but I must admit that Magnum doesn't excite me as much as some of the others at Cedar Point like Steel Vengeance, Maverick and even rides like Raptor and GateKeeper. Scott from PBE says that it's the best hyper in the world, though, so I might be in for a surprise when I ride it!
  • Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point - Again, everyone who's ridden TTD seems to rave about it like it's the second coming, but I'm not sure it really excites me that much? I mean, Stealth is a very good coaster, but I wouldn't say it ranks that highly for me (#15, to be exact); there are quite a few coasters I prefer within the UK alone. Stealth allegedly has a more forceful launch than TTD, and I'm not really sure what difference lap bars would make to the force of a launch. TTD might well be one of those things that has to be ridden to be believed, though!
Magnum isn't that exciting but the ejector in row 3 is stupidly forceful and needs to be experienced to be believed. It's fun, but it's not incredible.
The bolded bit... Whoever told you that is talking out of their ass. The accelleration builds for longer on TTD, it's an incredible launch.
The lapbars don't do anything to the force of the launch but allow freedom of movement and adds more anxiety when waiting for the launch to occur.
Front row on TTD is one of the bucket list events imo, up with Beast at night, back row Baco and X2.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The bolded bit... Whoever told you that is talking out of their ass. The accelleration builds for longer on TTD, it's an incredible launch.
The lapbars don't do anything to the force of the launch but allow freedom of movement and adds more anxiety when waiting for the launch to occur.
Front row on TTD is one of the bucket list events imo, up with Beast at night, back row Baco and X2.
I mean, Stealth is bloody great, but TTD isn't even in the same league. Got to be one of the most amazing coaster experiences out there.

Matt N

CF Legend
What I meant by Stealth allegedly having a more forceful launch is that it apparently has the 3rd fastest accelerating launch in the world, behind only Fluch Von Novgorod and Do-Dodonpa. TTD must have a faster rate of change of acceleration if it feels more forceful.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What I meant by Stealth allegedly having a more forceful launch is that it apparently has the 3rd fastest accelerating launch in the world, behind only Fluch Von Novgorod and Do-Dodonpa. TTD must have a faster rate of change of acceleration if it feels more forceful.
It also goes half as fast again. It's 120mph, for crying out loud. That is a LOT of speed to have in your face. Stealth might be more intense on paper, but TTD feels more intense on the ride.

Matt N

CF Legend
It also goes half as fast again. It's 120mph, for crying out loud. That is a LOT of speed to have in your face. Stealth might be more intense on paper, but TTD feels more intense on the ride.
I suppose so; might be the reason why everyone says Red Force is so intense as well! Although something tells me that a launch with the force of something like Icon wouldn't feel particularly forceful no matter what the speed...

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Im long used to the MForce being "meh" to crap and I mean if you want intensity and airtime sure it may be a let down, but it's still one of the most fun coasters out there. I wouldn't avoid it if I was you.
^ on a similar note

Maverick - I have little interest in riding anything with Intamin OTSR's. Where's the fun in airtime when your shoulders are restricted?

I will of course give it a go, and many people say you dont notice the restraints, but I'm still skeptical. Even Stealth is an endurance test for me.

Yeah there's 0 reason to be skeptical, unless you are like very tall? OR Stealth has different restraints? Early on Maverick did hurt a bit but with the current restraints, that is largely gone and you DEFF notice the airtime. My shoulders have plenty of room to go flying.

Matt N

CF Legend
Im long used to the MForce being "meh" to crap and I mean if you want intensity and airtime sure it may be a let down, but it's still one of the most fun coasters out there. I wouldn't avoid it if I was you.
I won't avoid it; I'll certainly ride the rides I referred to above and I'm sure I'll enjoy them a lot! I was in fact referring to Magnum and TTD; Millennium Force looks amazing and right up my street!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I won't avoid it; I'll certainly ride the rides I referred to above and I'm sure I'll enjoy them a lot! I was in fact referring to Magnum and TTD; Millennium Force looks amazing and right up my street!

Ah I see
Magnum is a divisive one. I kind of love it, many don't. I can get why. Just remember tight belt looser restraint.
TTD is a funny one, the ride is pretty great, BUT if ya do it once I never really had the urge again. Esp with how often its down, I just keep a casual eye on it and if I happen to be by when the wait is very short Ill hop on. If you haven't though dang its an experience.

I am with an above comment, if something looks good I have the want. I will say after riding 4 RMCs and SV I do have less urgency with others. I wanna do em all but (I got killed for this before) many do provide similar elements and general experiences. I wont say do a few ya done em all but it does kind of seem that way?

So I guess that's my answer, many of the RMC's (Goliath, Iron Rattler, Joker, NTG, Twisted Collosus) are clearly good rides that I don't have any strong urge to ride. If given the chance I will ofc and I will get some this year but yeah I no longer prioritize em. Exception being Lightning Rod. That thing I need to finally do this year

Last edited: