What's new

Best Coaster/Ride Queue

reddude333

Giga Poster
What queue line is your favorite and why? Does it build up the ride well, provide a story, have an interactive element?

For me, the two best are probably the queue for ROTM (Universal Studios Hollywood) and the Indiana Jones ride. Both provide story for guests that are not acquainted with the movies and really set the mood for the ride. I can honestly say I don't mind waiting in either of these queues for a while since I can usually find something new I hadn't noticed the last time (especially for Indy).

Alright, let me know what you think...

TilenB

Strata Poster
ROTM (Universal hollywood), although there weren't much queueing for it that day (only like 5 minutes)
Disney rides in Paris
Blue Fire (Gazprom house with 360 degree cinema rooms)
Reset Anno Zero (there isn't much queueing there either, sadly its the only interesting queue line in Mirabilandia)
Thats about it, maybe some queues in SFMM (Apocalypse)

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
1. Oblivion - Alton Towers. You can't help but appreciate the odd dystopian themeing and sinister queueline videos.

2. Nemesis - Alton Towers.

3. Space Mountain - Gardaland. The queueline was the only redeeming feature of this ride. It's almost like being on the set of Alien.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Cool topic! Wooden is the most recent ride where I've been really impressed with theming. I love Duelling Dragons' queue before it got Potterfied. ToT because it's just fab <3

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Favourite for me has to be Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey - simply awesome and it ends with the best dark ride I've been on :)

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
^ I'm with you on that. Absolutely amazing and part of the ride experience.

Manta would be my other. Never get bored looking at different tanks while waiting!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Wodan's was very good.

Ireally liked Indiana Jones and Tower of Terror at Tokyo DisneySea as well.

My personal favourite though is Pharaoh's Fury at Lotte World. Not a great video, but you can get the gist of it:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvcTLZuDgU4[/youtube]

reddude333

Giga Poster
I also recall the queue for Rocket Rods as being quite immersive. I was very young when I went on it but it actually made me go from pure excitement about the ride to being somewhat anxious (in a good way?). I really felt sucked into the world they were creating and for some reason get a little worried. But that was a long time ago any maybe it just made me feel that way because I was a kid.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Disney know's how to do Queue's

Expidition Everest is one of the best. Great theming and just great stuff to look at.

Verbolten also does a great job.

Luxornv

Mega Poster
I like stuff like X-Flight at SFGAm. The ride surrounds the queue and it's all you have to look at while in line. It helps to build the anticipation of finally being able to ride.

cookie

Giga Poster
1. Expedition Everest - The best queue to the best Disney coaster.
2. Revenge of the Mummy (Singapore) - Way more immersive queue than in the Florida version IMO.
3. Fluch Von Novgorod - Does a great job in building anticipation and immersing you into the dark, cramped environment despite everything being spoken in German.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
The best queue is a short one. If not, one where you can see a lot of the ride (MF, Thunderhead, Fahrenhiet, Bizarro SFNE, etc.)

michaellll

Mega Poster
Anything Disney of course. Expedition Everest, Space Mountain is quite cool, always liked Test Track, the Maelstrom attraction in Epcot, and Star Tours are the notables for me.

As far as non Disney I've always liked the effort Universal Studios made with the Hulk. Such an interesting room.