Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pax (FTW)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Josh73

Giga Poster
I have to say Intamin, but the new Macks look amazing but I've never ridden one.

What do you guys think?

Snoo

The Legend
Personally.. if you look at the total number of awesome compare to total number built, Gravity Group stands above all the rest.

They haven't had a MAJOR flop.. and have had coaster after coaster that has produced.

drzkid64

Roller Poster
I've got to go with Intamin, even though I think B&M are more consistent. But when Intamin has a good coaster, I think its amazing.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I agree about Gravity Group. While Voyage has a rep for being rough, it is an airtime madness machine with tunnels and new pops of airtime that wasnt found in spots before due to retracking.

drzkid64 said:
I've got to go with Intamin, even though I think B&M are more consistent. But when Intamin has a good coaster, I think its amazing.

But only having a couple of re-rodeable gems and the rest are one offs and sheer disappointments doesn't equal being great in a good way. Intamin more or less has a reputation that is starting to affect their business. Just cause Bizarro, Maverick, El Toro and Skyrush were amazing and didnt require any off season re-structuring or trimming to death (you know who), doesnt make up for the REST of their output.

They need to reign in and refine their product or the company will end up knifing...stabbing?...itself in the neck. B&M though needs to let LOOSE on their reigns and start giving us more variety in their designs. Seriously, they need to pull an Intamin and give us something we never thought they would do.

If those two companies dont actually do something to make better designs, I can see them losing the top manufacturer to some other company like Mack, Zierer, Premier, Gerstlauer or Mauer Söhne.

For best steel, currently B&M. They make reliable and re-rideable products that arent too cost heavy after the initial buy. For up and coming, Mack.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Intricks said:
I agree about Gravity Group. While Voyage has a rep for being rough, it is an airtime madness machine with tunnels and new pops of airtime that wasnt found in spots before due to retracking.

drzkid64 said:

But only having a couple of re-rodeable gems and the rest are one offs and sheer disappointments doesn't equal being great in a good way. Intamin more or less has a reputation that is starting to affect their business. Just cause Bizarro, Maverick, El Toro and Skyrush were amazing and didnt require any off season re-structuring or trimming to death (you know who), doesnt make up for the REST of their output.

They need to reign in and refine their product or the company will end up knifing...stabbing?...itself in the neck. B&M though needs to let LOOSE on their reigns and start giving us more variety in their designs. Seriously, they need to pull an Intamin and give us something we never thought they would do.

If those two companies dont actually do something to make better designs, I can see them losing the top manufacturer to some other company like Mack, Zierer, Premier, Gerstlauer or Mauer Söhne.

For best steel, currently B&M. They make reliable and re-rideable products that arent too cost heavy after the initial buy. For up and coming, Mack.

Do you count changing the **** up restraints as a major **** up?

drzkid64

Roller Poster
Intricks said:

drzkid64 said:

I guess I am a bit spoiled because I live around some of Intamin's best coasters.

Intricks

Strata Poster
^^ No, not really. Intamin just doesn't seem to really care in that department. So long as it spites people they use it :p

^ Meh, if all you want is forceful airtime then that is fine. There are better rides out there in my opinion. Example: The first drop on Maverick. AMAZINGLY fun airtime in the back, but the rest of the ride is just boring after that. Sure, you got the launch and high speed turns, but I have had better ride experiences.

andrus

Giga Poster
Intricks said:
Just cause Bizarro, Maverick, El Toro and Skyrush were amazing and didnt require any off season re-structuring or trimming to death (you know who), doesnt make up for the REST of their output
It's funny that half of the coasters you mentioned actually had/have severe problems. We all know what happened to Mavericks heartline roll and the restraint problems on Skyrush has apparently turned out to be a bigger issue than expected. During the live we talked to a ride op how said Intamin had already been to the park for three days last week (week 22?) to see what they could do in the matter. The ride op didn't know whether they'll trim it or just change the restraints though..

I have to vote Intamin anyway because I just adore some of their rides! :--D B&M is good too, but they have too many boring rides. I don't think it's possible to judge Mack since they've only done one big coaster so far, but if they continue like Blue Fire I would be more then happy vote for them as number one! :)

Darren B

Giga Poster
Intamin hold's my number 1 spot as far as Expedition GeForce goes, however I find B&M are consistently much better rides. So yeah, B&M.

Intamin, for sure. They have such a wide variety of coasters, most of which I enjoy. I'm not saying that every Intamin I ride is outstanding, but they tend to at least be fun. Second would be Gravity Group, because they come out with some amazing roller coasters.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
These results are no surprise at all lol

I was so tempted to vote Togo just because but I started getting brain pains thinking about it...

B&M for me.

However, it is kind of tough to compare wood and steel.
So B&M is my favorite overall manufacturer but I'm going to write in "other" for wooden coasters and say CCI. They are just classic and made some epic rides, not to mention they spawned both GCI and Gravity Group! Both of which I also love.
Been on GCI's and I love their fast, twisted beasts and I've never ridden any GG's but damn, they've made some epic woodies.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Rocky Mountain Coasters <3

Granted they have one real coaster, so it's hard to say they are my favorite, so otherwise it would be B&M or GG.

Intricks

Strata Poster
andrus said:
Intricks said:
Just cause Bizarro, Maverick, El Toro and Skyrush were amazing and didnt require any off season re-structuring or trimming to death (you know who), doesnt make up for the REST of their output
It's funny that half of the coasters you mentioned actually had/have severe problems. We all know what happened to Mavericks heartline roll and the restraint problems on Skyrush has apparently turned out to be a bigger issue than expected. During the live we talked to a ride op how said Intamin had already been to the park for three days last week (week 22?) to see what they could do in the matter. The ride op didn't know whether they'll trim it or just change the restraints though..

I have to vote Intamin anyway because I just adore some of their rides! :--D B&M is good too, but they have too many boring rides. I don't think it's possible to judge Mack since they've only done one big coaster so far, but if they continue like Blue Fire I would be more then happy vote for them as number one! :)

But Maverick didnt open and then get rid of the roll. Testing proved it wouldnt work right, so they did the smart thing. Bizarro and Toro had issues? I knew for a year or so (maybe longer) the lift for Toro wasnt as fast as it usually was. Skyrush I'm not counting as lets face it, ALL of Intamins restraints suck major ass and have issues. The talk now is they will alter the restaints and then see what happens. If a wheel eating issue appears look for trims to come more into play.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
I just don't get where people are coming from when they say they hate Intamin restraints, aside from Skyrush. I personally love their old lap bars and most of their OTSR's are fine, my issue with Intamin is that they don't understand the concept of legroom, almost all of their trains require me to essentially fold my self up to get into the seat and I'm not really that tall (6' 1" with really long legs).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I think the problem is that they're just not as nice as B&M restraints. I don't have a huge problem with the standard lap-bars, but they're just awful in comparison to the clamshells. It is beyond me why Intamin haven't tried to rip them off at some point! :p

B&M are the best for me. Sure their rides aren't the most intense, over the top, awesome rides out there, but they're consistently GOOD. I've rarely come off a B&M thinking it was truly ****, and you know that any B&M at any park is going to be a pretty good ride all round. The other manufactures just don't have this in my opinion.s

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
I just don't get where people are coming from when they say they hate Intamin restraints, aside from Skyrush. I personally love their old lap bars and most of their OTSR's are fine, my issue with Intamin is that they don't understand the concept of legroom, almost all of their trains require me to essentially fold my self up to get into the seat and I'm not really that tall (6' 1" with really long legs).

It depends.
I love the lap bars but their OTSR's give me problems. I actually mentioned it an another thread and how they cause more pain then they would if it was a B&M style OTSR.
edit: ah Hixee beat me.....yeah they really need to rip off B&M LOL

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Hixee said:
^I think the problem is that they're just not as nice as B&M restraints. I don't have a huge problem with the standard lap-bars, but they're just awful in comparison to the clamshells. It is beyond me why Intamin haven't tried to rip them off at some point! :p

B&M are the best for me. Sure their rides aren't the most intense, over the top, awesome rides out there, but they're consistently GOOD. I've rarely come off a B&M thinking it was truly ****, and you know that any B&M at any park is going to be a pretty good ride all round. The other manufactures just don't have this in my opinion.s

Yeah absolutely. I sometimes wish they were less conservative but it's their MO and hey, that's what Intamin is for :lol:
Indeed, always good even if they don't reach the same highs...though of course Nitro is a brilliant one.
They're also a classy company, really take time to dedicate to each coaster and not just mass produce.
I recall in a documentary how it took 7 years, I think, for Medusa at SFGA to happen and the time they put into it.

And look at the reliability issues with TTD and KK, pain issues with Skyrush and watering down of I305. Maybe Intamin makes em a little too extreme ha. Restraint can be a good thing.