What's new

Best Canadian Coaster

Tim H

Roller Poster
America's neighbor to the north is not known for its coasters like other countries are but there are some doozys. So I am wondering what everybody thinks is the best coaster in Canada? Thanks!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Coaster at Playland in Vancouver is my favorite Canadian coaster, followed by Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland. Behemoth is also very good.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Coaster at Playland in Vancouver is my favorite Canadian coaster, followed by Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland. Behemoth is also very good.

I'd agree with that. Coaster was the biggest surprise I've had for a long time.

Will

Strata Poster
I suspect it's Behemoth, but I'd have to travel Canada more extensively to know for sure :)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Same. I've only been to Canada's Wonderland so I don't really know much about any other Canadian parks.
What I do know is that Behemoth smashed its way into a top 10 spot on the very first ride. Much more so than its bigger brother on t'other side of the park. I love the seating arrangement, I love the simplicity of the layout - just giant airtime hill after giant airtime hill - I loved the views... I just loved it.

Will

Strata Poster
...I've been naive; I got excited about Behemoth and forgot Vampire at la Ronde existed, although Vampire is somehow even higher in my top 10.
Riding that and then Batman at PWM in the same Summer showed how different two seemingly identical coasters can be.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Vampire is for sure one of the best if not *the best* of the BTR's I've done (and I got to do it backwards last summer <3)
It is always consistently running powerfully. I almost always gray out in the turns/corkscrews on it (sometimes Over Georgia's and Great Adventures do it to me.. but Vamp its like... every time.)

I flip flop between Behemoth and Leviathan. Love 'em both but I think overall Behemoth is the longer and more enjoyable coaster. That being said, I have only been to Wonderland and LaRonde, but LaRonde was a load of garbage apart from Vampire.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'd probably predict that Behemoth looks like it would be my favourite as it looks to have more airtime than Leviathan, but the speed and pacing of Leviathan looks fab, so I'm undecided as to whether I think Behemoth or Leviathan looks more my sort of thing.

However, I have heard quite a few people say that Coaster at Playland in Vancouver is incredible, so that's definitely a contender.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I have heard quite a few people say that Coaster at Playland in Vancouver is incredible, so that's definitely a contender.
Oh, yes. After my trip last summer I guess I can update my favorite coaster in Canada as being the PNE/Playland Coaster followed by Leviathan and Mindbender.
Coaster has some of the most aggressive....and ejector airtime I've ever experienced and all with a fixed position lapbar and the no seatbelt!
((I've also now ridden every adult/family coaster in Canada but 3 (counting Yukon) and I'll ride 2 of them this summer.... Just gotta get myself to Sandspit))