• Dominator - Kings Dominion

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Hair Raiser - Ocean Park Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I only have Scream. I did it in the front and tbh I didn't think much of it. I mean its a good ride, a good ride in the way Inferno is a good ride. Just not mind blowing or anything. Even on the front, the floorless gimmick didn't really add to it. Its pretty cool going up the lift with it, but get out on the layout and it doesn't get noticed. And its litrally on the parking lot...

Looking at the others, I'd have thought I'd like Dominator the best. I like the look of a large loop into a tiny high speed banked turn... then another large hammerhead? like turn to set you up for the next inversion. The pace of the first half looks spot on.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Of the ones I've ridden:

Dominator - Kings Dominion
Kraken - SeaWorld Orlando
Batman The Dark Knight - Six Flags New England
Hydra The Revenge - Dorney Park
Bizarro - Six Flags Great Adventure
Hair Raiser - Ocean Park Hong Kong

I really struggled between the top two, they're such different rides, and both very forceful - in the end, I think Dominator just gets it for me with that crazy, huge loop!

Hair Raiser shouldn't even be on this list - it's a disgrace

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ridden 3:

Dominator - There are very few roller coasters who had as cool a location as Dominator did at Geauga Lake, located just over the lake. The queue line even had a perfect layout, passing dead underneath the Cobra Roll and first overbanked turn. The ride itself is quite good, with great inversions, positive g-force, and airtime.

dominator_-_2007.07.28_-_02_172.jpg

Scream! - My first "Medusa" floorless, I quite enjoyed it. Straight forward series of inversions that gives a good ride. So what if you can still see the parking spaces below?

Scream04.jpg

Hydra - The Revenge Hydra was my first floorless roller coaster. Yes, it pales in comparison to roller coasters that are 50 ft. taller than it. However, there is something to be admired about a roller coaster that has 7 inversions with a 95 ft. first drop. If you ride it in the very back, who knows - you might actually enjoy it.

rsz_0.jpg