What's new

Best and worst park websites

Jake

Strata Poster
Don't think this has been done before.

Maybe it should be in the opinions forum... heh.

I'll start the ball rolling with Fantasy Island. They have a history of dire sites.

This is the current one. You can tell it's classy because they're advertising cheap alcoholic drinks on the homepage!

http://www.fantasyisland.co.uk/

£2.50 for a double is pretty fab to be fair <3.

Not as bad as the one they had just last year... this is the ultimate worst site ever I think...

http://web.archive.org/web/201107231828 ... and.co.uk/

I've always disliked the Six Flags one too. It's way to cluttered and loud, but at the same time doesn't seem to have any information on it?! There are far too many adverts too...

http://www.sixflags.com/national/index.aspx

I'll try and think of some good ones later, haha.

Lofty

CF Legend
The fact they're promoting alcohol sales more than the Themepark makes it a WIN in my eyes, shame that the actual website layout and Graphics offend me.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I've disliked the Alton Towers website ever since they changed to the current design a couple of years back. It looks OK, but it's so focused on the "resort" that I always have trouble finding simple stuff relating to the park, such as opening hours and and information about bus services to and from Stoke.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Aha, oh my god, the Fantasy Island one is really terrible, and yet, I kind of like it?

I think in this day and age EVERY park should have some kind of functioning website. Even the random crappy little seaside parks. Many a time I've tried to plan a credit hunt and the lack of information on the websites, or even complete lack of website altogether, puts me off.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
The best park website for me would be dollywood.com
The worst park website for me would be thorpepark.com (If it was still the old version it would be the best but the new version is annoying and awful)

Colossus

Giga Poster
I cannot stand Thorpe Parks stupid big head people, I know they`re meant to fun and cool, and they`re not a big deal to most, but annoy the crap out of me. They`re everywhere, all over the website and park, with they`re stupid fat heads.

Also. Fantasy Island is kinda tacky, that old website had a half empty Odyssey as the main page image, Could of least put a shot of it full on there. Bless em.

Martyn B

CF Legend
With the exception of Fantasy Island, ther really isn't many, if any, bad park websites. (in the UK at least)

Even the really small parks, like Camelot, GYPB, Lightwater, Pleasure Island and Pleasurewood, all have good websites.

Ben

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
With the exception of Fantasy Island, ther really isn't many, if any, bad park websites. (in the UK at least

I take it you've visited every park website in the World then?

What a life you must lead.

Treeis

Mega Poster
Sometimes I feel like the Merlin parks (Thorpe, Chessington) have too much going on on the web page. I know there are some nice effects, but if it takes a while to load up, its not good.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Ben said:
Martyn B said:
With the exception of Fantasy Island, ther really isn't many, if any, bad park websites. (in the UK at least

I take it you've visited every park website in the World then?

What a life you must lead.

Even though you did quote it, I'll repeat what I said, just for you.

With the exception of Fantasy Island, ther really isn't many, if any, bad park websites. (in the UK at least)

Can you see it now?

:roll:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Colossus The Power of 10 said:
I cannot stand Thorpe Parks stupid big head people, I know they`re meant to fun and cool, and they`re not a big deal to most, but annoy the crap out of me. They`re everywhere, all over the website and park, with they`re stupid fat heads.
Omg I so know how you feel. I despise them and they are everywhere. :x

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I miss it as well. I go on it every day, hoping against hope that one day - maybe one day - they will go back to the old website.

Gone, but not forgotten :(

Martyn B

CF Legend
To be fair to Bottons, at least they have a website.

Its dire, I know, but most small seaside fun fairs dont even bother.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I do love lightwater vally's website and I also love thorpe's.

I really hate Drayton though, they don't even have a list of the family rides. Also them advert's what are constantly on a loop do my blood head in. Sort It out Drayton.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Jake said:
Any site with music needs to die <////3.

YES! Urgh, what was that one I linked to last year with a really annoying song? I think it was for the Italy Live, perhaps the Belgium one. Whichever park it was, the music made me want to squirt lighter fuel down my urethra and light it with a blow torch.