What's new

Best 1-2 coaster combination

oryp

Roller Poster
I'd say either Cedar Point with MF and Maverick or SFGAdv with Nitro and El Toro. King's Dominion's combo of I305 and Dominator is pretty awesome too.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
tribar said:
^Best ejectors of Magnum are in 1:3. The first drop is much better in the back but otherwise 1:3 is the better ride

I disagree with all my being. I even had a tighter restraint for the back seat and it was a much better feeling anyway.

bmac

Giga Poster
IntaminToWin said:
tribar said:
^Best ejectors of Magnum are in 1:3. The first drop is much better in the back but otherwise 1:3 is the better ride

I disagree with all my being. I even had a tighter restraint for the back seat and it was a much better feeling anyway.

I actually have to agree with Tribar on this. Back row is good to the turn around, but 1:3 just takes the cake on the way back. I also LOVE that snap the car does when it dips out of the station <3.

Snoo

The Legend
Back car, middle row is the most comfy/great airtime seat on the whole ride. 1:3 absolutely destroys my legs.

bmac

Giga Poster
Hate to say it but those trains were designed for a skinnier america. they can be so uncomfortable at times for just how little room you have.

drzkid64

Roller Poster
I would say Cedar Point for Millennium Force, Maverick, and TTD. SFGAdv has Kingda Ka, El Toro, and Nitro as well.

Will

Strata Poster
Going purely on parks that I've been to....
Port Aventura is probably a clear winner (I should reserve judgement until I've actually been on Shyamalan, but I'm not going to...) but honourable mentions to Alton Towers, Europa Park and Mirabilandia. Actually, in terms of parks with two high-scoring signature coasters, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give Fantasy Island a mention as well...

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^ Certainly. Can't believe that hadn't been mentioned yet... one of the best hypers and arguably the best giga in the world, both found at the same park.

For a more out-of-the box one, I'd say Fuji-Q Highland has a pretty cool 1-2 combo in Eejanaika and Dodonpa.

A101

Mega Poster
^ +1 on the Leviathan-Behemoth combo.

What about Dollywood, Thunderhead and Wild Eagle?

BBH

Giga Poster
I think if you're going with the best 1-2 punch it's SFGAm with X-Flight and American Eagle. You've got the new, smooth, unique steel coaster next to a storied, rickety woodie. It's a great combination.