What's new

Bellewaerde | Wakala | Gerstlauer Family Semi-Shuttle

Pear

Strata Poster
New plans have popped up for Bellewaerde's new coaster! Looks like it'll be some sort of triple launch semi-shuttle. No indication on manufacturer yet, but appears to be a Gerstlauer

thumb_aad81f3e8a94dcde50f03ac141ebc120_660_300_0.jpg

thumb-d136277c54d80499cdaaee85691384c0-640-480-1.png

thumb_e07fb6f8ecabd0c58ab5f665b2f4da5d_660_300_0.jpg

thumb-bd424eedba4542d59ca9f49abb04ebec-640-480-1.png

http://pretparken.be/NL/article/2067/Bellewaerde plant nieuwe familie-achtbaan!

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It's a weird looking layout, and just a weird choice of ride in general. Like, I just don't get it? It's nice the park is getting a new proper cred though, even if it's burdenous to get it for me personally as I only returned last year and found the park disappointing.

Also, can someone help me place where this going a bit more? Like I can't think of any part of the park which was quite so island-y?

The car park redevelopment is good and much needed too.

Last edited:

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Glad they’re getting something substantial, I thought the park had a nice vibe with some good themeing, all the expected support rides but just lacked a decent coaster, whilst this isn’t incredible it’ll easily be better than all the other creds there!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
From looking at those images I can't see a triple launch. There is clearly a lift hill from the station. Then what I assume is a launch running past the station and perhaps a third one heading to the spike although that could just be the brakes for the backwards run.

I'd say its for 2 at best. Looks like a solid coaster through. These gerst rides like firechaser and yipee have got good reviews so far and look like solid family coaster additions to any park.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
From looking at those images I can't see a triple launch. There is clearly a lift hill from the station. Then what I assume is a launch running past the station and perhaps a third one heading to the spike although that could just be the brakes for the backwards run.

This image would at least suggest it's a second lift hill that runs past the station though? I hope it's a launch, or at least a quick lift hill, as it could really kill the pace going into the spike

Tulum

Mega Poster
So nice to see that all the smaller parks in the BeNe(Lux) are getting decent coasters, though I do not get all the launch/spike hype.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
So nice to see that all the smaller parks in the BeNe(Lux) are getting decent coasters, though I do not get all the launch/spike hype.
In addition to the novelty of the forwards-backwards-forwards bit, such a volley launch lets the train get up to speed using a much shorter launch section than a single, continuous launch. I guess that in most cases, the room saving kind of gets lost in the cost of the track switch, however, so in the end it's pretty much there for the novelty.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Aw snap this looks pretty nice! I enjoyed Firechaser Express at Dollywood quite a bit and this should deliver as well. Good airtime, good laterals and a long family coaster with a punchy launch.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Not understanding people saying this is a dissapointment for the parc. This parc is the parc which needs to attract families the most in Belgium. (I mean even plopsa is more directed towards groups of teens, than Bellewaerde is). So some substantial length family ride is the way to go, and I think this would suit realy realy well as they don't need any high thrill coaster.

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
It will be a family coaster and the manufacturer will be Gerstlauer :)
The project will cost 7.5Millions € and will be the most expensive project at the park since... 1999 at that time the park was owned by Six Flags.
The new coaster will be on the other side of the path from where Dawson Duel is.

Source: Press release from the park

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It will be a family coaster and the manufacturer will be Gerstlauer :)
The project will cost 7.5Millions € and will be the most expensive project at the park since... 1999 at that time the park was owned by Six Flags.
The new coaster will be on the other side of the path from where Dawson Duel is.

Source: Press release from the park
When you post this sort of info, a link to the press release is good to share too. Not a criticism of your post, by the way, thanks for sharing!

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
When you post this sort of info, a link to the press release is good to share too. Not a criticism of your post, by the way, thanks for sharing!
Will try to find it but someone from CoastersWorld copy pasted the press release and posted it on the forum. Just checked and Looopings also posted about this and have the same infos :)