What's new

BBC - Working in a Theme Park

Ollie

CF Legend
Wow. The whole article is just to put you off working in a Theme Park. They're just pointing out the low points and making it seem really bad.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I want to work for the BBC. It's just the article seems really biased and telling you how much it sucks to work in a Theme Park when there's plenty of positives as well.

nealbie

CF Legend
From a business point of view - being a lowly theme park worker HAS no benefits. The BBC document stands ;)

Odd moments of hilarity and chilling with mates do not count - an no, before you ask; other people DO NOT want to spend their time bumming Saw's control panel!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ollie said:
there's plenty of positives as well.

You're saying that as an enthusiast. It's the perfect temporary summer job for students, as the dates work out well, but that's about it. There are plenty who go back year after year, sign on during the off season, and bitch and complain every step of the way. It's certainly not a career opportunity, for the vast majority at least, unless you like working EVERY weekend, for minimum wage and dealing with **** from retarded customers pretty much constantly.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
PMSL!

It's H2G2... Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy... It's a sarcastic, sardonic, tongue in cheek guide to the world based on the comedy workings of Douglas Adams.

FFS :lol:

Kebab

Giga Poster
Surely, they could've added the positives like free tickets and discounts :shock:

I was never keen about working in a theme park, I think it's that factor where you would actually become fed up of the park, I like visiting parks on a seasonal basis so when I go it's more of an exciting-magical experience. I probably visit Alton Towers at most twice a year, I can't imagine working there, I'd LOVE it for the first weeks, but eventually It'd become.. Just a job. :?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Like any job, it has both positives and negatives...

Like any job, you had good days and bad days...

I'm not fed up of Chessie after working there for 3 years...

There were lots of people who did enjoy working there, 2008 being the best year of them all for everyone, I guess it's dependant on what people expect...

Each ride is different from the other, as is everyone's opinion on working on them, some you enjoy, some you hate, but come the end of the day, you're earning money no? Which is of course the main purpose of a job...

If you're gonna work at a park, you need patience, people skills, and the ability to not swear at stupid people who piss you off...

Emmett

Giga Poster
Well if I had the choice between working in a shop/fast food outlet or theme park for the summer period, I would choose the theme park. Most people who apply for these jobs only want something for a few months during the summer or part-time throughout the year and are not really planning on making a career out of it so they don't take the jobs too seriously.

If you end up in a park were the management are strict then its probably be a real pain but I've seen plenty of staff in parks taking it easy and having a laugh and I'm sure they don't really mind there jobs.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
divvie_dave said:
Pretty sure, as furie stated, this is just a piss take and is part of Life, the Universe and Everything...

Oh dear

Shall we go and find another topic somewhere where people may actually read what we put? We could go in the TV topic and insult Glee, or the movie topic and say Spiderman 3 is better than Avatar. Or tell the people in the Intimidator topics that Knightmare looks better than those POS.

It might get us noticed Dave, you never know? :lol:

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I still want to work in a theme park but it made me feel really bad about people that work there. Because people are always complaining about people who work at themeparks are very rude, it isnt there fault if you look at that it makes you understand why !