Which Busch Gardens is the better park?

• Busch Gardens Tampa Bay

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Which do you all think is better? After finally going to Williamsburg on March 23rd, I say that Tampa edges it out (Maybe it's my childhood bias? I haven't been back in 4 years but I am changing that next month). If you've been to both - which do you prefer, and why?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Been a very long time since I did BGT (2006!) and I did BTW last in 2016, so hardly the most recent in memory too.

That said, I think I would prefer BGW based on the ride selection and setting. Although Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse might help fill the 'family' side of things (a-la Verbolten) now, so I don't know. :p

Hutch

Strata Poster
Really enjoyed both parks, but I'll give BGT the edge (for now). I could break down their ride selection as they do offer similar stuff, but what really gives BGT the edge are the theming and wildlife. And beyond that Montu is by far my favorite of all the coasters at both parks, and Falcon's Fury is one of my favorite flat rides.

BGW is due for a revisit though (did it in 2013 while BGT was 2017), probably next year for that new Intamin <3. I'd obtain a sneaky +4 as well.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Well, I last went to BGT in 2007, and I went to BGW in 2014 so this is a fairly old opinion but based on those visits I think I preferred BGW, mainly for its lush setting, greenery and landscaping. However, both parks have had 2 new coasters since then, BGW has got another one the way and BGT has got 2 more on the way, one of them being a big-ass RMC, so if I was to revisit both parks I'm not sure which would come out on top.
Either way, they're both amazing top-tier parks and I wouldn't say no to being at either of them right now.

Matt N

CF Legend
Admittedly I've only visited Tampa, but I wasn't entirely sold on the park's hype when I went in August 2016. It's got a top-tier coaster lineup and some nice theming in places, but something about it made me just not like it as much as I'd perhaps hoped I would.

I also think that Williamsburg looks more like my sort of park with the great-looking European theming, so from a non-visitor's perspective, it gets my vote.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Admittedly I've only visited Tampa, but I wasn't entirely sold on the park's hype when I went in August 2016. It's got a top-tier coaster lineup and some nice theming in places, but something about it made me just not like it as much as I'd perhaps hoped I would.

I also think that Williamsburg looks more like my sort of park with the great-looking European theming, so from a non-visitor's perspective, it gets my vote.

I can testify to this, having been only last week. While the coaster lineup still needs that top-tier attraction, it has a great backbone with decent diversity among the preexisting 8. The Britain (entry) area could definitely use a touch-up, however Oktoberfest is my favorite area there - it makes me proud to be partially ethnically German. Even when you're walking through a part of the park that doesn't have much theming, it's still beautifully landscaped.

BUT, as someone born & raised in Tampa Bay, I digress to your first statement. I admit that Busch Gardens Tampa is a bit less aesthetically pleasing than its Virginian kin, as it's harder to understand the African theming for someone unfamiliar with the continent, but still there are some beautiful areas of the park (The pathway in between Stanleyville and Sesame Street, my favorite place in all of Busch Gardens Tampa) just fewer and further between.

Coaster Cinema

Mega Poster
Both of them are fantastic world class parks but I give the edge to Tampa Bay. The Serengeti Plain they have is amazing and it doesn't hurt that Tampa is warm year round.