What's new

Batman and Robin: The chiller to be relocated

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
chillhigh.jpg

After being removed from the prominent theme park Six Flags Great adventure in 2007, the Premier Duelling LIM shuttle loop coaster has all but faded out of existence...

....until now! Found this on rcdb earlier today:

rcdb said:
Roller Coaster: unknown
Amusement Park: Beto Carrero World (Penha, Santa Catarina, Brazil)
Classification: Roller Coaster
Type: Steel - Sit Down
Relocations: Six Flags Great Adventure as Batman And Robin: The Chiller
Beto Carrero World as unknown
Make / Model: Premier Rides / All Models / Dueling LIM Shuttle Loop Coaster
Designer: Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH
Lift / Launch System: LIM

For those not familiar with Beto Carrero world, this fairly well known park contains coasters such as the SLC -Firewhip, Vekoma Corkscrew Star mountain, a vekoma junior coaster and last but not least, a big apple for all those credit whores! :--D

More at: http://www.rcdb.com/10797.htm

What do you think? :--D

TilenB

Strata Poster
Beto Carrero World appears to be a park, which buys used creds from other parks. This coasters will probably be their standout ride, cool.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
And the park has a 1st Gen Intamin Drop Tower! <3

Jer

Strata Poster
Yes, this great shuttle has found a new home. I'm glad to hear since it was such a unique ride and to see it just be scrapped would be awful.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Glad to see this.. this looks like a very cool, unique ride and I was a little bummed to think it was gone for good.

Why exactly did Six Flags remove it in the first place? Surely not just to make room for the Dark Knight..

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm glad it's going to a new home, but gutted it's somewhere I have no intention of visiting. I'd love to ride this.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Both side will be running, but it will not be dueling, according to the rumors.
I wonder if we will see a return of the twists?

The ride has also gotten new LIM motors, and will be repainted before construction, also according to rumors.

Jer

Strata Poster
Ben said:
I stopped caring when they spited the rolls <//3

Mr Freeze looks better <3

Hate to break your heart but it was better without them

madhjsp said:
Why exactly did Six Flags remove it in the first place? Surely not just to make room for the Dark Knight..

I don't know exactly if The Dark Knight had anything to do with it's removal, it was actually a little farther over from where Chiller used to be. I know the main reason for it's removal was it's legendary unreliability.

Intricks

Strata Poster
And massive power consumption just to run the two launches at the same time I believe

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Martyn B

CF Legend
_koppen said:
I wonder if we will see a return of the twists?

I really wouldn't have thought so. They were removed due to excessive strain cause to the trains (and people), so why would they put them back?

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Glad to hear. Despite it's slow lines (well when it used to have any at least) this was a fun and unique ride.
Cool it won't just be scrapped.