What's new

Bad Live Entertainment

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
While I'm sure live entertainment that isn't Luminosity isn't everybody's favorite thing to do at parks, let's face it. You love bad live entertainment, I love bad live entertainment, we all love it. The only thing funnier than someone going on American Idol and making horrible noises on national TV because it sounded good when they were drunk on karaoke night is going to some small park out in the middle of a cornfield and walking by some horrible excuse for a show with four people watching.

For me, the worst live entertainment I've seen was at everybody's favorite cow pasture carnival with a GCI, Beech Bend! While I was there I couldn't help but walk by their classic rock show and burst out laughing. They had something a little more than the temporary stage they set up at my town's Fourth of July fireworks with metal benches out in front of it. Up on stage was a group of about seven teenagers halfheartedly singing some rock song (I think it was a Journey song they were butchering but I can't be sure) really off key. Like, it was like those American Idol rejects that get laughed at. I probably could have sung better than what I was hearing. And then Connor and I had to get out of the way of the backhoe they were casually driving around the park midway.

Well a few weeks ago my friend Ben and I were laughing about bad live entertainment on Skype when I brought this up. I sent him this link with pictures of these shows so he could see how low budget and low quality they were, though to my dismay the horrible classic rock show I saw was nowhere to be seen for this season. But then something caught my eye. At the top of the page it says, "ATTENTION: Our Wild West Show is still looking for two performers. Call our show producer, Dinky Gowen, at 270-769-8165, for more info!" Well if you scroll down, you see them advertising this show:

GowenPosterCropped.jpg

In other words, whoever their GM is waltzed on over to their producer and said, "Dinky, my man, we need another show. Put on some funny arse costume and go do some magic tricks or something." Their show producer has to have his own show, I'd seen it all.

So have you witnessed any god-awful ear rape live entertainment at some bad park anywhere? Post away!