What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Pipeline: The Surf Coaster | B&M Surf Coaster | 2023

rwinger24

Roller Poster
Want to revive this. As SeaWorld moves their pandemic delayed coasters (including Ice Breaker) to start the next new fiscal year, I think they would be in a financially stable position to start construction on the B&M Surf coaster placed at SeaWorld Orlando's Festival Pathway. I project it would be ready by the park's 50th anniversary in 2023.

Unless the project is cancelled altogether and SeaWorld is still recovering from the pandemic. (Labor shortage, finances, etc.)

Matt N

CF Legend
I reckon 2023 certainly seems feasible for the Surf Coaster, personally. If Ice Breaker opens in February 2022, that leaves them a whole year with which to construct the Surf Coaster.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t construction fences already go up for it at some point? I know parts did arrive in Orlando for it labelled “SF-A”, as well, so they have got parts of some form for it as well… I reckon (or at least hope, seeing as I’m hoping to go back to SeaWorld in 2023) that the Surf Coaster might open in 2023.

rwinger24

Roller Poster
I reckon 2023 certainly seems feasible for the Surf Coaster, personally. If Ice Breaker opens in February 2022, that leaves them a whole year with which to construct the Surf Coaster.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t construction fences already go up for it at some point? I know parts did arrive in Orlando for it labelled “SF-A”, as well, so they have got parts of some form for it as well… I reckon (or at least hope, seeing as I’m hoping to go back to SeaWorld in 2023) that the Surf Coaster might open in 2023.
All seems feasible. I can see why SEAS has pushed back Ice Breaker and everything else. With everyone still understaffed, that would buy them time to leverage the number of employees pre-pandemic.

If Ice Breaker originally opened on Memorial Day, construction would have started already. But giving their is still uncertainty and the labor shortage is noticeable (number of shops/stands closed and one station on Cheetah Hunt being loaded), I can see why they played it safe. The B&M Surf coaster is something to look forward to. It would make the Festival Pathway more active, and would even make up for the loss of Wild Arctic.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump, but I have a Surf Coaster update; it appears that it may be going ahead again, as Zachary from ParkFans (an extremely reliable source) has leaked a few blueprints onto Reddit, and has also said that he is currently writing a “huge exposé” on Project Penguin.

Here are the blueprints we currently have: https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/r57swf
Isn’t this exciting?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Sorry to bump, but I have a Surf Coaster update; it appears that it may be going ahead again, as Zachary from ParkFans (an extremely reliable source) has leaked a few blueprints onto Reddit, and has also said that he is currently writing a “huge exposé” on Project Penguin.

Here are the blueprints we currently have: https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/r57swf
Isn’t this exciting?

So some time today?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
And here it is:-

Looks ****.

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
Didn't the patent show that the coaster has a splashdown, with the water hitting the nose of the train and splashing outwards?

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
It also seems we have DarKastle replacement teasing, this time in the form of letters and numbers bolded throughout the article.
We have:
t
b
lc
G
s
de
z
se

UPDATE: Watch the locals try to unscramble the puzzle on ParkFans.net! It seems 48 is referring to BGW's 48's anniversary: i.e. 2023.
DOUBLE UPDATE: I've joined ParkFans! Find me with the username ProjectSuperPenguino!
TRIPLE UPDATE: Someone solved the puzzle.

Darkoaster.

Should we make a new thread for Darkoaster 2023?

Last edited:

BenJacobs

Roller Poster

Looks ****.

An interest one - as they also state, their nolimits design isn’t exact, and neither is the speed at which it would take the layout, so it could end up being alright if it’s ever built.

Seeing as it’s a launch coaster on a similar scale to Ice Breaker, I’d imagine that it could indeed be a standup of some variety, as was once rumoured, as otherwise they’d be far too similar.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Looks ****.
Sees Video Rendering

"Oh cool, let's see what this surf coaster is all about!"

Sees Stadium-seating B&M Hyper trains

giphy.gif

Ries

Mega Poster
Maybe it is just me. And I didn't re-read all the 12 pages before typing this.
But what's the Surf in Surfcoaster in these leaked images/video/etc.

I understand they needed a project name. But with this, you kinda imply a reference to surfing. I can't see that.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Maybe it is just me. And I didn't re-read all the 12 pages before typing this.
But what's the Surf in Surfcoaster in these leaked images/video/etc.

I understand they needed a project name. But with this, you kinda imply a reference to surfing. I can't see that.
We don't know what the trains look like yet. So it could be that.