Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Vekoma SLC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Almost

Hyper Poster
rct524 said:
Vekoma made the Sidewinder

Are you kidding me??? Vekoma ripped the Sidewinder right off of Arrow, who debuted in '84 on the Dragon Coaster in Hong Kong:
http://rcdb.com/ig1234.htm?picture=21

Think before you run your mouth, noob.

First of all, I am not a n00b, I've been here longer than you have. If your not talking to me, your talking to Harvey or UC or someone else who probably know more than you anyway. Second of all Vekoma was the first to put it on an inverting coaster. Don't act like you know everything because you searched RCDB and found an element with the same name. Congrats buddy.

Aren't you comparing the same two as LFTL?

[Not at all. Where did I say that? - Hyde244]

What I am saying is, aren't you comparing Raptor and Thunderhawk?

Harvey

Hyper Poster
As opposed to B&M, whose original designs were good enough to keep selling even after all these years.

Well, I believe Vekoma has been selling Boomerangs for longer than B&M have been going, and the Inverter only beats the SLC by a year - me thinks.

They have also built Nemesis, Oblivion, and Air, all of which (possibly with the exception of Air) are themed very well.

Oblivion isnt well themed, its just painted black and has an industrual - esque building, if you want themed, see Europa Park and IOA.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Theming can go either way... you have B&M with Nemesis

or this...
screaming2.jpg

Besides, theming is the park, not the company.

A

Anonymous

I voted for B&M because after riding numerous B&M Inverts and too many SLC's, the B&M's just excel in all ways. They are smoother, have more variation, and are just a better coaster experience in general.

c&r

Mega Poster
rct524 said:
Think before you run your mouth, noob.

What the hell are you doing back? Wasn't this twat perm banned for numerous racist comments? In case you'd forgotten what these comments were, I'll state a few;

rct524 said:
...but then again, the blacks that stayed behind ended up looting and (in some cases) shooting at rescue workers.
rct524 said:
You're Damm Right. White people "loot" to survive. They get food and water. The Blacks stole guns from Walmart and then shot at police officers. They stole TVS and Reeboks.
rct524 said:
Yes it was BLACK people, I didn't see any whites walking down Bourban street with unopened SONY HD televisions.

I find it HILARIOUSLY ironic that you just called someone a n00b becuase you misunderstood what they were saying. Just to further this, you were calling him a n00b because of his "ignorance", yet the three mentioned above are some of the most idiotic and ignorant comments I have ever seen in my life. Maybe you should consider the huge amounts of hypocrisy flowing from every pore in your body before you post again, eh?

Twat.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ owned.

holy crap CP6, I never knew there were any themed SLC's...

I guess they usually aren't because parks that go mad with themeing can usually afford the better coasters anyway. Although that is obvious really...

Harvey

Hyper Poster
^ It doesnt work like that, just because its cheap doesnt mean it wont be heavily themed, look at Europa Park, there Mouse is amazing on the theming level, and so are the Maurer Spinners at Phantasialand, but they arnt mega bucks rides.

What the hell are you doing back? Wasn't this twat perm banned for numerous racist comments? In case you'd forgotten what these comments were, I'll state a few;

rct524 wrote:
Yes it was BLACK people, I didn't see any whites walking down Bourban street with unopened SONY HD televisions.

You know, he does have a point with that one Ross!

Ben

CF Legend
^Apart from the B&M though, Phantasialand has many pretty cheap rides, but they're all dolled up. Take Disney in-fact. They're filled with minging Vekomas, but they're still so themed, no-one gives a damn.

Anyway, B&Ms are good, but I haven't been on a SLC so I can't comment, but if they're like Vekoma's other rides, they're horrid.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
^ Too true.

Anyway I prefer B&M Inverts. More originality in their coasters, well sort of, smoother and have a better throughput (4 across seating against 2 across seating just blows it out of the water).

~X~

Roller Poster
SLC's are okay, a little rough in places but they give a good intense ride, one that you fear for your life on.

B&M's just totally steam-roll Vekoma though, so smooth and most are themed really well, nemesis, katun, batman etc... and this 'Black Mamba' thing looks totally awesomified.

-X-

A

Anonymous

while Vekoma's SLC are fun, They just can't compete with the smooth quality of B&M's inverted coasters and never will Imo.