What's new

Australia PTR: Part 3 - Gumbuya World & Luna Park

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Before you waste your time, there’s nothing from the Gold Coast parks on this trip, so no Movie Park, Dream World or Sea World. I will head back there at some point, but I’ll hold off until more of the new stuff is finished. This was less of a park trip than a “see some new places” trip, but obviously, if there are some creds to be had…

It was Chinese New Year here, so I had about 11 days off for the school holiday. I booked return flights to Melbourne at first, figuring I’d spend time there first and then go somewhere else, but my boyfriend wanted to also come to Melbourne, but could only join at the back half of my holiday, so I ended up landing in Melbourne and transferring to a domestic flight to Perth. This was all a bit of a pain in the arse since there are direct Perth flights from Hong Kong, taking the same amount of time as the Melbourne flight. However, the direct flights aren’t back to a daily route yet, so it wasn’t possible to just switch my flight anyway.

Taking into account the flight times, transfer time and the fact that I went to the airport stupidly early for a covid test since Australia decided at the last minute to require them again (from China and Hong Kong), I got to the hotel around 24 hours after leaving my place, which is a bit ridiculous considering it would’ve only been an 8-hour direct flight. No time difference between Hong Kong and Perth though, which was a bonus.

Anyway, after a needlessly long trip, I just got to the hotel and slept early.

Day 1 – Perth

The next day was spent just walking around the city centre area. The hotel was directly opposite a big arena and about a ten-minute walk to the main city centre area.

YBC3O8D.jpg

h3hOxpY.jpg

3XPPeR3.jpg

wbvyWwD.jpg

txfjPNp.jpg

uI5FwpW.jpg

HW2qTbo.jpg

ImvYl8z.jpg

LubqMbP.jpg

oTnWRZp.jpg

I knew nothing about the place, so it was nice to stumble upon this authentic, medieval, English street from the 1930s.
QftSyzS.jpg

GNQvHrr.jpg

IBWO1gy.jpg

yoN9K86.jpg

ZkrrV0e.jpg

F6wOXI9.jpg

v2Idqj7.jpg

IjXxRrZ.jpg

lSFy9cb.jpg

YR8BLzP.jpg

I’ll just throw in a bunch more pictures, but I was likin what I was seeing so far. I really had next to no idea about Perth, and I think I’d pictured it as much smaller and less interesting than it actually was. There were lots of old (by Australian standards) buildings along with some pretty impressive newer buildings. It was bigger than I expected, but also very compact and walkable. It was also the first time I’d been to anywhere really new in about 3 years. Yeah, I went to Energylandia last summer, but I’d been to Krakow before, but that’s about it.

ZrrRT2E.jpg

CaJsCdE.jpg

OC8oUoC.jpg

BpBahOV.jpg

tRS63rR.jpg

dFcI9uB.jpg

OVC7L0j.jpg

pR79Vqr.jpg

Ycozu7U.jpg

kb39YX2.jpg

RX5q7PH.jpg

6DJ6b8c.jpg

TstlPmB.jpg

eVZediw.jpg

I ended up at the Perth Mint. I wasn’t intending to do any “things” on that first day, just look around and decide on more stuff to potentially do later, but I’d been making good time, a tour was about to start, and the air conditioning was tempting. It was interesting enough, and has the world’s largest gold coin, so that’s some sort of box to tick I guess.

NfyPgfL.jpg

3hwqOrK.jpg

Adyd2UJ.jpg

n2fLKyW.jpg

X4kDemK.jpg

From there, I walked down to the quay area. I was taking a boat from down there the next day, so was going to take a look around then, but it was only early afternoon at this point, so went down there anyway. It was lovely and, again, not what I expected.

eyyohj5.jpg

80tvvVF.jpg

xWD3mSU.jpg

DlwalUg.jpg

7DN1iso.jpg

vtXKPNf.jpg

tCzrtIW.jpg

WadHUJ7.jpg

Zvh1aB6.jpg

o6QLobk.jpg

sYkG6nS.jpg

OFUjeAW.jpg

ugWBX9t.jpg

VwOS2Rv.jpg

OQMt5KF.jpg

0CNh2V4.jpg

Kn2Gk3K.jpg

xcqemms.jpg

There’s some public/street art stuff around in various places, a lot of it connected to Aboriginal/First Nations people. I passed through some cultural district with the major museum and found that there was some fringe festival thing happening while I was there, so I booked a handful of shows to keep me occupied in the evenings: Bogan Hamlet, Briefs (who I’d seen before in Hong Kong and do a really fun show), Anita Wig’lit and Karen from Finance. I went into the museum on another morning, but I’ll shove a couple of pictures in from there now. It was impressive, a new complex built around an existing old building.

4ehuFuS.jpg

wpinEdh.jpg

YM5nav9.jpg

XKa2pkX.jpg

x8z2NpK.jpg

07TY9q1.jpg

IRtfF45.jpg

isFkrhM.jpg

r1SjHE3.jpg

HX28ZZ7.jpg

FC7OfUz.jpg

YSdv9r5.jpg

ICGoDlZ.jpg

pZjKNft.jpg

3I9eJFp.jpg

DpvbFds.jpg

M6qVmC4.jpg

‘Twas a good day just wandering around and taking stuff in. Creds are coming, but I did some other stuff first.

Day 2 – Rottnest Island

The boat out to the island went from the quay area mentioned earlier. It’s quicker to get a train to Fremantle and join the boat there, but I decided to remove one level of faff by just walking to the quay and enjoying the boat ride. I rented a bike as part of a package with the ferry ticket. The bikes were f**king s**t though, so I wish I would’ve just rented one separately from one of a couple of places near the pier. Actually, maybe neither since there was a very regular hop on/hop off bus that followed the exact same route anyway, and after a while on the bike, the “exercise” element ceased to be fun.

Anyway, I shouldn’t really complain since it was lovely. There’s no traffic on the island, and just a handful of roads for buses, bikes etc. I tired myself out by trying to get around the island too quickly. The published estimates for the bike routes were overly generous, so I thought I would need more time than I actually did. Pictures:

gnGN44M.jpg

XmzVAYc.jpg

lPJWmkZ.jpg

8QZslS6.jpg

Guq4hiU.jpg

pHUTLUH.jpg

kL2TJhu.jpg

I saw a quokka at the side of the road, so took a couple of pictures before it scurried back into the trees. Ok, seen one of those now; box ticked.

pW1MzsO.jpg

ee5ixoP.jpg

Then, I just continued round the island back to the starting point. The map they handed out with the bike said that this should take around 5 hours I think, but I did it in around 3, including a few short breaks. I really should’ve just taken my time with it a bit more.

RkCfX5M.jpg

h0ZQXIf.jpg

MajsLuW.jpg

3zp7OpB.jpg

5t9Qrkx.jpg

pwhe74a.jpg

PksktdV.jpg

N7Bcmdo.jpg

AAJyyrM.jpg

0tx61LU.jpg

Back near the main town, there were a few more quokkas around, so that was fab. I was just happy that I’d got to see one earlier, so to have a few more around was a bonus. Apparently, they come out in much bigger numbers at around dusk, and it was full-on hot afternoon at this point. They were cool though, and completely unbothered by people. Have some repetitive pictures:

Lp746r3.jpg

LEIW5Hn.jpg

S4DMiQf.jpg

SJ1CdK2.jpg

xQOj4nL.jpg

5yrmZf9.jpg

a28ZR2Q.jpg

RVF2DRf.jpg

rjKkJL1.jpg

I changed my ticket to get an earlier-than-planned ferry back rather than hang around too much longer. It was a gorgeous little island though, and, like I said, I wish I would’ve taken a bit more time biking around it. Once I was back in the main town/near the boat pier, I wasn’t about to head out on the bike again.

The next day was a bit “meh”, but I’ll shove it in to keep the cred anticipation going.

Day 3 – The Pinnacles

I booked some tour out into the desert, which had a 2pm pick up time, so I just went to the museum I shoved in earlier in this report in the morning. In general, I prefer to do stuff myself, but I’m becoming less and less averse to organised day tours, especially when there isn’t much of an alternative without a car.

The first stop was for some sandboarding. I hadn’t done that before, so ok, that’s done now.

5yWlH75.jpg

jdr9gcX.jpg

N14gjPB.jpg

JgcCi0W.jpg

On the sand dunes, we’d all left our shoes on the bus, and as we were leaving the area, I noticed two pairs of shoes across the aisle from me with no feet in them. My expert detective skills led me to deduce that the old Singaporean couple who had been there earlier had been left behind. I did think about waiting to see how long it would take for the driver/guide to realise, but then figured it could also f**k up the whole trip, so I told him. We got dropped at this very average lookout point while he drove back to find them.

463bK1r.jpg

IqyDyRm.jpg

Then it was to the final stop, The Pinnacles, which is loads of rocks in a desert. It’s supposed to be amazing for sunsets, but it was really cloudy, so that put the s**ts on that. We had a barbecue out there and then there was some stargazing activity, which was fine, but see also: cloudy.

E44HKqs.jpg

e3Qw89h.jpg

Anhnmy4.jpg

KVhrOlH.jpg

sX8b1Qp.jpg

FpJyvDr.jpg

1PBgnon.jpg

I took loads more pictures of rocks since there wasn’t anything else to do, so please feel free to ask for more.

I mean, it was nice enough, and I had enough time to kill to give up a whole afternoon/evening for it (got back the hotel around 11:30pm), but it wasn’t exactly a highlight of the trip.

There’s a park coming next, but I’ve been banging this out for too long already, and I’m not even on work time, so I’ll get the next bits up tomorrow.

davidm

Strata Poster
>20 years ago was doing something at work, and we subcontracted some of the work out to an outfit in Perth. Because I was in charge of some elements of what they were doing I went out there for a few weeks to keep an eye on them but had the weekends free to do some "touristing" - so have been up the Pinnacles and out to Rotto and seen a couple of AFL games - all very pleasant. I went back to Perth later for a few days when on a round-the-world thing and went scuba-ing off Rotto and did some more of the touristy-things.

Nice place though - nice but a little bit dull I thought.

Seems like a lot of new development in the city in the last 20 years though, lot more polished and modern than I remember it being.

My trips were before I got back into coasters though, so I did not even get the old wooden mouse that used to be there (in hindsight, such a waste of a trip! :) )

Howie

Donkey in a hat
authentic, medieval, English street from the 1930s.

Did you really type out that sentence? About a place in Australia?
Come on Gav, I'm not having that one bit. That's just about as far away from 'authentic' as you can get! 🤣

Cool pics though, bruv! 👍

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Did you really type out that sentence? About a place in Australia?
Come on Gav, I'm not having that one bit. That's just about as far away from 'authentic' as you can get!

Cool pics though, bruv!
It's almost as if it were quite deliberate.

cocoa

Mega Poster
wait ive been to perth twice and my friends never took me to london court or to any of that cool architecture

smh'ing my head

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Day 4 -Adventure World and Fremantle

Park Day! I avoided a weekend, but it didn’t really make much difference seeing as it was school summer holidays anyway. Getting there was easy enough: a train to Cockburn Station, which was disappointingly pronounced as “Coh-burn”, and a transfer to a bus there.

The transport was decent; you can buy an unlimited one-day travel ticket which covers all trains and buses over a pretty big area for $10 (about 5 quid – can’t be arsed to check the exact exchange rate). From leaving the hotel, I was at the park in an hour or so.

I was there just after opening and there were quite a lot of people, but a separate, and empty, line for pre-booked tickets, so I was in straight away. One of the first things I noticed was that people bring tents and picnics and set up for the day. I don’t think I remember seeing this at the Gold Coast parks, but this place had very much more of a “local” vibe.

QymXLX7.jpg

y6VKo8R.jpg

You can tell immediately that this isn’t a very big park. There’s a small waterpark area off to one side with a few other rides scattered around. I obviously went straight past a couple of flat rides to the main coaster, Abyss, a Eurofighter. It wasn’t open yet, but there already a few people waiting, so I just joined the queue.

HBwqe5r.jpg

oEUJmgP.jpg

WcKBRwN.jpg

There was unnecessary faff at the station. The queue is mostly just stairs that lead up to the platform, and before the coaster opened ,they were keeping people on the stairs rather than let them use the full queue up to the station. This would be fine, whatever, but there’s no actual chain/barrier at the top of the stairs. One ride op “opened” the queue by shouting at some kids at the front of it that it was open, but then another one said it wasn’t and had to push the whole thing back to the stairs again even though there were now a good 100+ people in the queue who had all moved up. Again, this was done by a ride op yelling at some kids in front, who then somehow became responsible for trying to move the whole queue back down the stairs. Stupid and lazy. Put a f**king chain at the top of the stairs if you need to keep people out of the station.

Slight digression, but this kind of summed up customer service in Perth in general. People were lovely but were in no rush to get anything done and often pretty f**king useless at their jobs. At the almost empty Mint, it took me ten minutes to buy a ticket because the woman on the desk couldn’t figure out what price to charge a family in front of me; the guys giving out the bikes at Rottnest didn’t bother checking anything before or after handing out/collecting them, and didn’t seem able to answer basic questions such as “where do I put this bike?”; getting off the ferry, the woman who looked like she’d been working there at least 50 years could tell me where the nearest toilet was (it was about 20 metres away)…

Anyway, onto the ride. The theming seemed somewhat familiar.

1UgOlW4.jpg

UAiCjNi.jpg

ngUTrsi.jpg

VLCUNk8.jpg

qOhNIdF.jpg

1l3ibpD.jpg

V6jU0Hv.jpg

oOudjxy.jpg

I was on the 2nd or 3rd train, and it broke down for a while right after that. It was back up soon enough though. I really liked this one. It had a few jolts, but on the whole, it wasn’t particularly rough. It starts with an indoor drop and inversion before hitting the vertical lift, which was all very “Saw”. I think the rest of the layout was pretty similar as well. Feel free to correct me. There’s no theming inside the box though.

cEU7sJZ.jpg

7PqEmvd.jpg

TAgxYo0.jpg

5UtEjwQ.jpg

IFeV3xM.jpg

zpJJuLe.jpg

im7OSQ7.jpg

dDhkn8V.jpg

I did the power surge since I hadn’t done one for years; not a fan. The frisbee was decent; I forgot to check who made it. I skipped the top spin type thing, but did the drop tower. I’d always said that the Huss towers are s**te, but I hadn’t been on one for a really long time, so thought maybe I’d change my mind. Nope, total dogs**t.

50hN6Zt.jpg

9z0OxXC.jpg

lF2zwLh.jpg

TFrJJNj.jpg

LIbCyif.jpg

8pa50xG.jpg

iIaZRq2.jpg

More pictures of Abyss:

jz4At0A.jpg

2irpCfM.jpg

WLI9ugE.jpg

vZJMhAx.jpg

FL1vlTe.jpg

gMY1dY9.jpg

iMHC5nX.jpg

There was a nice little kiddy area with the 2nd cred, and behind that a very small, and rather grubby, zoo labelled as “Aussie Wildlfe Experience. Yay for koalas, but there was pretty much nothing else in there bar a couple of kangaroos and a couple of emus.

2elpPGg.jpg

7vzH5cp.jpg

Crzlc2S.jpg

GkCmRzX.jpg

I1Z1gFh.jpg

7itvqQP.jpg

Back to more Abyss then. I got three rides in before I decided to call it quits. I think I’d probably been in the park for a couple of hours.

IOOYel5.jpg

kOF6mBT.jpg

1OenScb.jpg

1HEs6U0.jpg

yB2itDt.jpg

EpsdFKi.jpg

wpmm5FI.jpg

IhBsOzq.jpg

helc6VO.jpg

So yeah, the park was fine. It’s nice as a small, local park, and I guess it could be a whole day place if you’re taking a tent and just hanging out while you set the kids off in the waterpark and on the rides, but there’s not a whole lot there really. It’s also pretty expensive for what you get.

From there, I got on a bus into Fremantle, or “Freyo” as the locals like to call it, saving themselves a whole syllable and freeing up loads of extra time. I just spent the afternoon having a look around there, including a tour of the old prison. Again, all very nice with a very relaxed vibe about the place. After a few hours, I got a train back into Perth, which was all very easy with regular connections. I’ll just do a photo dump and end this section here.

WA6Xubx.jpg

sW5IDo9.jpg

IiYP4q0.jpg

MWQ29xw.jpg

YNOHgCQ.jpg

gqxK4I3.jpg

vljJTIi.jpg

Pc6HHPB.jpg

Ccj07nA.jpg

qaKeulF.jpg

xtugKdz.jpg

WJycIt7.jpg

9km0vnn.jpg

6x50dei.jpg

p6NQUWh.jpg

8dFPxui.jpg

ASSfhfK.jpg

RczbvnL.jpg

FEqMOji.jpg

XspnmKV.jpg

byUluxO.jpg

XImGmcn.jpg

Aq81KQ0.jpg

MIAIS9t.jpg

3twGnQ3.jpg

3ZTKQp8.jpg

hLRbzhp.jpg

tPZ7Ldv.jpg

97NmdH8.jpg

4ZmS3o0.jpg

yRP4HwR.jpg

Nick13

Mega Poster
WA has the nickname Wait Awhile for good reason 😅

I was there over Christmas and everything seemed even slower than usual with staff shortages everywhere.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I got on a bus into Fremantle, or “Freyo” as the locals like to call it,

If it wasn't called Freo, you wouldn't be able to have this line in the Fremantle AFL club song.

Freo Way to Go
Hit Em Real Hard
Send Them Down Below
Freo Give em The Old Heave-Ho
We Are the Freo Dockers

Perth I think is a genuinely nice city, but the usual retort is "It's too far away". It's rich off mining, so has some great public spaces, and relatively better infrastructure than other Australian cities.

Looks like you've done all the main stuff.
Personally I wouldn't day trip out to the pinnacles (And was warned against doing this myself), same goes for Wave rock. Have done both, but was a part of a longer road trip to other parts of WA.

As for Adventure World.
-The Gyro Swing is Intamin, but they switched to the lapbar version.
-Abyss is not a clone of of Saw, but it's the exact same sequence of elements, especially on the latter half.

Drop, Immelmann, overbanked turn, airtime hill, upwards turn, mcbr, drop, dive loop.
The indoor section is the same.

The main point of difference is saw has the slow u turn before the lift hill, which means the first drop points the other way. Thus the overbank is different on saw.

abysssaw.jpg

Purple is what Abyss does instead:

1677484129741.png

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Day 5 – Mandurah
I had a final day in Perth, but took the train down to another town called Mandurah, which was all very nice. Not much to report on really. There are some huge sculpture things (the giants), but they’re way out of the town centre and I wasn’t about to spend the time and energy on that, so just took a walk around and had a boat ride. There was a small amusement park, but no cred. In Asia, a random Ferris wheel often indicates an unknown cred, but I guess there’s no way there could be one in Australia without us knowing about it.

RfaMaYL.jpg

HqxyMuc.jpg

wCpA84W.jpg

ErJWefn.jpg

kb6iJuX.jpg

m5mgJGz.jpg

6CQ9c2e.jpg

ZBZBwDz.jpg

ynwaNeH.jpg

EZyIud2.jpg

gdLY6zy.jpg

rhkk277.jpg

jeuNCJW.jpg

scSSyAt.jpg

KrewnN2.jpg

61JX8wq.jpg

gFeigoH.jpg

And that was it for the Perth area. I considered also checking out some nearby beaches on the final afternoon/evening, but couldn’t really be bothered. All in all, I really liked Perth. I went in with quite low expectations having no knowledge of the place at all. My Australian friends from Melbourne and Sydney have always been quite snobby about the place, painting it as a bit of a backwater, but it wasn’t like that at all.

The next day, it was a flight to Melbourne. By the time I got there, it was mid-afternoon and the boyfriend had already arrived from Hong Kong. We just went out that evening to have dinner and drinks with a couple of old friends from my hometown who are now living out there. The next day was a park day.

Day 7 – Gumbuya World and Luna Park

Ugh, Gumbuya World. This wasn’t really going to be on the cards originally since there’s not a great deal there and it’s pretty far out of the city, but the creds got the better of me. I’d prebooked one of those “touch the koala” things as a preplanned apology/distraction/surprise for when the “theme park” was a bit s**t after such an effort to get there.

Because of track maintenance, the trains which ran to a station nearby the park had bus replacements. This in itself wasn’t a problem as the timing was roughly the same. The problem was once we’d got to Garfield Station. I’d checked previously that Uber cars would be in the area, and they were, but there was nothing at the time we arrived. We called a taxi company, who were f**king useless:
“Can we get a taxi from Garfield Station?”
“Can you be more precise?”
“It’s the train station, the only one, in Garfield, a tiny town which your company covers.”
“Have you got a street address?”

Infuriating. We ended up, apparently, getting one booked. There was a family who’d got off the same bus and done exactly the same, calling the same taxi company. 40 minutes later, there was no sign of any taxi coming. Eventually, an Uber popped up, so we ended up sharing that with half of the random family and then sending it back to collect the rest of them. Still no signs of any taxis despite it being close to an hour after the call when the Uber headed back for the second run.

My plan for this place was to hit it for opening, get the creds, touch a Koala, and f**k off. Not a chance. We ended up getting there an hour after opening, with long lines for bag checks. Admittedly, they moved quickly enough.

UC0LCRq.jpg

l0tmfqB.jpg

It very much had the same vibe as Adventure World a few days previously, with a water park, dry rides area and zoo. It was bigger though with the zoo, especially, being much better. There were two new coasters here, but I’d already done one of them, the Maurer Sky Loop, in its old home on the Gold Coast.

We started small with the family/kiddy coaster. We ended up waiting about 20 minutes I think. You get 3 whole laps on this monster!

nPsVv2q.jpg

lwdruwn.jpg

tdSJ3gJ.jpg

4FCF4wA.jpg

From there it was onto TNT, the brand new Vekoma SFC. I like these things, especially this “Orkanen” model. We ended up doing single rider, but ended up on the same train anyway, taking us about 20 minutes. The main queue looked to be at least twice that.

xnHJvsF.jpg

1B3MT8e.jpg

9yS58F2.jpg

7WJkRTZ.jpg

kmsRfvb.jpg

yKtNzWs.jpg

ETRgpIb.jpg

By now, it was about time for our Koala thing, so we headed to the zoo area. It was pretty nice. The focus us just on Australian animals, so I imagine if you’re Australian it might be a bit dull. There was small reptile house, walkthrough aviary and walkthrough wallaby and kangaroo exhibits.

nOsFWy4.jpg

ZPXSnBw.jpg

YXZIsAK.jpg

x4h8r65.jpg

7aaVTYU.jpg

zi2w7kB.jpg

Different states have different laws, and in Victoria, you’re allowed to touch the koalas, but not hold them.

A03LT15.jpg

The Sky Loop closed for a while – it seems it a regular thing every day but not sure – but we got in the line shortly before it reopened and got on fairly quickly. I didn’t take many pictures of it, probably because I’d done it before.

zhdKCVT.jpg

SEUPU9X.jpg

IYvGjM4.jpg

The park is really low on flat rides, and the few they did have were off-the-shelf travelling models. Nothing was worth waiting for and we were already there much later than I’d planned.

I know I seem less than enthralled with the place, but it’s mostly down to the utter ballache of getting to it, which isn’t the park’s fault. Well, mostly. Why they don’t have some sort of shuttle bus to the station is beyond me. It could be easily timed with trains since they’re only hourly. The park was actually fine though. Again, like Adventure World, it was decent enough as a small family park and the addition of two decently-sized coasters in the same year is pretty impressive.

And now to get out of Gumbuya World. The original plan would have been to get an Uber back to Garfield to get on the replacement bus back into Melbourne, then onto a local tram to Luna Park, but it was already much later than planned, there was actually no clear place to get the bus from (we’d checked while waiting ages earlier), and it would’ve taken a really long time, so we ended up just thinking “f**k it”, and got an Uber the whole way from Gumbuya to Luna Park, which took around an hour and I think ended up costing about 80 quid. Worth it though.

We did a quick circuit around the outside of Luna Park (it’s right on the coast) before heading inside.

FxwBcIw.jpg

nhpt0FN.jpg

8TwWGEV.jpg

uDpsEXD.jpg

XkuXNaw.jpg

V91WjFu.jpg

ujLiMMs.jpg

APr93Hb.jpg

chDPyU5.jpg

SZIn0FE.jpg

ZlXlFfu.jpg

1nQ4zlv.jpg

We got tickets which allowed for entrance and two rides, just wanting the coasters. The new SBF spinner – such a burden - had about a 30-minute wait while Scenic Railway was more like 45 minutes. I’ll just throw a load of pictures in. We didn’t do anything other than the two coasters. Scenic Railway was fun though. It’s obviously not up there with the most thrilling woodies, but for such an old coaster delivered a decent ride.

KxPisbZ.jpg

VHIw2YP.jpg

U5aZ2Ut.jpg

BG8fhH3.jpg

db5i4EP.jpg

4Zlaaxi.jpg

lEWxK6Q.jpg

aTyjlDj.jpg

e3Ts13b.jpg

93tN5x2.jpg

uT4rYHd.jpg

HNKhW2R.jpg

g7WiGEk.jpg

acUdZEP.jpg

CEz14vP.jpg

8hewoZb.jpg

NqMjUHL.jpg

79zAK91.jpg

Iq7nGpR.jpg

LYxO59j.jpg

OoAkvdJ.jpg

OlxMnkU.jpg

hDbKoid.jpg

plAW3sP.jpg

jBvoNAk.jpg

ND3aPWa.jpg

0U8xe3O.jpg

xM28e7j.jpg

UEUa2cf.jpg

On ride photo:

yjxmLKm.jpg

The rest of the trip after that was just general Melbourne sightseeing and stuff, catching up with some other friends at some point. I may throw another part into this report later, but the park stuff’s done now, so probably won’t bother.

Last edited:

cocoa

Mega Poster
I always thought the scenic railway was really quite a good ride. At least, they were braking pretty favorably when I rode it, got some decent airtime all things considered. Location doesn't hurt, too...

Gazza

Giga Poster
So that carnival down at Mandurah used to have one of those Fabbri water jumping rides.
The one time I've been to Mandurah I walked past it but for some silly reason just didn't bother to ride (Either that or I was there too early in the day and it was shut, memory hazy)
And then since then it has been taken out so that was a rare ride cred I never got.

I'm amazed at how busy LPM is these days. I've seen several TRs where Scenic is getting +30 min queues. Every time I've been it's dead.
The place needs some reinvestment. Should really be the Grona Lund of the south but it's a pretty unexciting lineup (The historic ghost train is worth a go too)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
So that carnival down at Mandurah used to have one of those Fabbri water jumping rides.
The one time I've been to Mandurah I walked past it but for some silly reason just didn't bother to ride (Either that or I was there too early in the day and it was shut, memory hazy)
And then since then it has been taken out so that was a rare ride cred I never got.

I'm amazed at how busy LPM is these days. I've seen several TRs where Scenic is getting +30 min queues. Every time I've been it's dead.
The place needs some reinvestment. Should really be the Grona Lund of the south but it's a pretty unexciting lineup (The historic ghost train is worth a go too)
Yeah, I would've liked to have done the ghost train, but really couldn't be bothered with more queues, especially since we got there quite a bit later than planned and also had to get back into the city for a show we'd booked that evening.

It was a Friday, not sure if that would make a big difference. I was just getting school holiday vibes really. Lots of families.