Who makes rougher coasters?

• Arrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vekoma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

In your opinion who makes the rougher coaster Arrow or Vekoma?
I think Vekomas are worse because of examples such as the corkscrew and the older SLCs

Ketchup

Mega Poster
Vekoma.

I had heard appalling reports of GASM's roughness yet I barely had any headbanging at all, on prehaps one of the most notoirous Arrows. Mind Eraser and Sidewinder on the other hand, OUCH. Yet there are some fine ones such as Rock'n'Roller Coaster, but on the whole Vekoma are rougher, or at least the older ones.

I'm going to have to go with Vekoma, because I've never been on a really good and quality coaster by that company, whereas I've been on a really great coaster by Arrow, which in fact was Magnum.

Vekoma seems to make kind of boring roller coasters, and their Boomerangs are getting very repetitive. Arrow it seems, is more diverse.

Vekoma is rougher though.

Ben

CF Legend
Vekoma are rougher.

PMBO is NOTHING compared to El Condor or Corkscrew. Neither was Phython over at BGA.

Jake

Strata Poster
Just look at Vampire for the answer.

The moment Vekoma touched it, it became death.

Vekoma.

Titan

Mega Poster
Theyre the same. Vekoma made the same track arrow did, and even used arrow made trains on their coasters. They eventually designed their own trains, which are pretty much the same anyway. Ive never noticed a difference in roughness between though. I have a feeling Jake that Vampire just aged badly.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Vekoma,

Arrow rides have roughness but it usually adds to the experience or isnt as nasty as Vekoma roughness.

Snoo

The Legend
Vekoma

That track just isn't made for the turns Vekoma is trying to pull off, Arrow pulled it off pretty decently with its loopers, but Vekoma just can't come close.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, granted, Arrow coasters aren't as smooth as silk, but they still have a reasonable amount of roughness, where it is still bearable.

Vekoma on the other are just flat out rough. I can take certain degrees of roughness, but Vekoma has moments of just pure "Why the **** did they build the track that way?".

A

Anonymous

Wow, I am the only to vote for Arrow and explain myself. Anyways, of the Arrows and Vekomas I have been on, the Arrows were rougher, especially the mine trains. I found Magnum unbearingly rough as well at points, with the airtime only making it worse. On the other hand, the four Vekomas I have been on, 2 boomerangs, a SLC, and a LIM, were bearably rough. I could enjoy the ride enough that I didn't have to worry about roughness. In fact, I felt the SLC, Thunderhawk, was relatively smooth. (maybe because it rained right before I went on it)

Snoo

The Legend
^Actually, Thunderhawk.. from the opinions of the people I know who've ridden it and other SLC's, have said that its the smoothest they've ever ridden. Thunderhawk may not be the best example for Vekoma though.

Leighton

Mega Poster
Out of the Vekomas and Arrows I have ridden, Vekoma seem to make the rougher coasters.

Hyde said:
Vekoma has moments of just pure "Why the **** did they build the track that way?".

^ :lol:

jack

Roller Poster
Well considering I've only ridden 2 and a half :lol: Arrow and one's a straight line, the others PMBO and the others a Corkscrew (ish) I can't say but out of the Vekoma's I've ridden I found none that are rough at all not even Alton's Corkscrew.
PMBO's probably the roughest I've ridden out of all Arrows and Vekoma and even then only the drop is rough.

Therefore for me it has to be Arrow.

Rach

Giga Poster
I havent been on a Arrow coaster yet :oops:
The only Vekoma i have been on is Altons Corkscrew. It was an ok ride but it did bash me around.
PMBO looks fun and not rough.

My vote goes to Vekoma

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Vekomas are rougher, but since I am not made of glass I don mind if a coaster is a little rough sometimes if the ride itself is good.