Arrow or Vekoma?

• Arrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vekoma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Slacky

Mega Poster
I have come to my conclusion, thanks to sfmmfreaks point that Arrow made the first tubular steel track and if this hadn't of been created, Vekoma might not have been started.

So I choose Arrow.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
After riding another pants Arrow coaster (El Diablo @ PA) I'm going with Vekoma! Big Thunder Mountain (DLP) is by far my fav coaster, Space Mountain (DLP) is a firm second. Their coasters are quite technical too with onboard speakers and onboard sensors and pickups all powered by the train to set off a scene. Vekoma are a very smart company, they provide the whole show rather than just another coaster!

Tom

Hyper Poster
Wow...I hate them both so much...but I think Vekoma wins because they make the motorbike coaster.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
^I'm not quite sure, but I think I remember you or someone else say that X was originally meant to cost $8,000,000, but with all the problems that occurred, it eventually built up to $17,000,000? Is that right? :?

But I still think more parks might've considered getting one if X wasn't such a mechanical nightmare. After all, X was really popular with the GP when it opened (without considering the break downs and/or queues, just the ride itself).

And I don't really think size is that much of an issue. They're not really that spread out, and I'm sure Viper takes up a similar amount of space and park's were buying Arrow multiloopers.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
and I'm sure Viper takes up a similar amount of space and park's were buying Arrow multiloopers.

X takes up roughly twice the space Viper does.
Hmm, you appear to be right there. I didn't actually look at it from a birds-eye-view in the first place, I looked at it from the view from the Sky Tower.

X was a one of a kind at the time, of course it was going to draw. I'm not sure how this is suddenly making X more appealing when it has happened to most new coasters over the years...
Because like you said, X was one of a kind. It was completely different to any other coaster around. Sure Eejanaika is now open, but I doubt many of the GP are aware of its existence.

I know the ride's base cost was around $15 million.
That doesn't sound too bad for a ride like X (if it had managed to stick with that). Aren't a lot of large B&Ms and other popular coaster models around that range?

But I suppose I can see why parks weren't interested in 4Ds, if you say it wasn't down to X's problems.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Vekoma by a million bloody miles.

Arrow were a retard company who didn't have a flaming clue what they were doing. Like Lain said, they took random shots in the dark and occasionally produced outstanding rides.

I don't give who craps about whether or not they pioneered the industry in any way. They got lucky, once in a blue moon. It's THAT simple.

Not only do Vekoma make better rides overall, they have done more for the industry in my opinion too. They provide cheaper but excellent alternatives to rides from larger companies which parks would otherwise not be able to afford. If Arrow hadn't have come up with the stuff they did when they did, someone else would have eventually... If you come up with an idea which no one else has but it's executed badly, then how can it be good? Vekoma also have some truly innovative designs, regardless of whether some of those are suck - they aren't sucky because they designed them badly, like Arrow's coasters are. More to the point, it's clear that they at least try to manufacture things with some common sense.

The track work on Arrow's Hypers is nothing short of disturbing.

As for the 4D - Arrow made up some dumbarse idea and when SF wanted something new they thought OH WHY NOT LOL. I don't think any other parks had the chance to really want one, since Arrow went bust. :roll: