Arrow or Vekoma?

• Arrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vekoma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Slacky

Mega Poster
I always wondered which manufacturer is better out of Arrow or Vekoma, because they pretty much are like each other in some ways and I still can't make my mind up.

Arrow invented great rides like the Hyper coaster, the multi looper and 4D Coaster.

Vekoma have made inverted coasters Multi Loopers and and invented the flying coaster (well it was more of a lay -down coaster yet it's pretty much the same).
So which one do you think is better, Arrow or Vekoma?

Well, I've been on a few coasters by each of those manufacturers, but there's only one coaster that stands out for each, and that would be Xflight and Magnum. The rest have really just been average, or worse.

However, I think because I've been on a few more Arrow coasters, I'll choose that, but they're both pretty even if you ask me. Arrow corkscrews really suck though, but I think the company is better as a whole I guess.

I think I'm talking out of my ass, but just know if I had to choose one it'd be Arrow, but they're both tie pretty much. Besides, Arrow did seem to invent more things, like the 4D.

Snoo

The Legend
Arrow has the classics.. Magnum XL-200 ALONE, is light years better then any Vekoma I've been on.

Yet.. Maggy is the ONLY good Arrow I've been on.

Of course.. I haven't been on any of the higher rated Vekoma's yet.. so we'll have to see.

As of right now.. Arrow is it.. but down the road, I have a feeling it MIGHT change.. maybe.

Ben

CF Legend
They both pretty much suck.

The best Vekoma is better then the best Arrow I've been on, but the worst Vekoma I've been on was a lot worse the the worst Arrow I've been on.

Arrow's probably better.

Lain

Giga Poster
It seems to me that Vekoma knows what it's doing, whereas Arrow just tended to have shots in the dark, which sometimes produced amazing rides, but often produced piles of poo.

Vekoma seems to be more consistent, but I don't think it'll ever reach the highs (or the lows) that Arrow reached.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
My experience with Vekoma is fairly limited. Most of the Vekoma's I know are hang'n'bangs, generic boomerangs, and the like. Arrow Corkscrews are still kind of painful, but for the most part, when I think of Arrow I think of Magnum, 4D coasters, and Dodompa. Arrow wins.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well I have only been on 1 Arrow coaster and 3 Vekoma coasters. I think Vekoma is the better company. The only 2 standout rides from Arrow to me are X and Magnum, the rest dont look that great.

While a good few Vekoma's are rough their newer rides I hear are smooth. Stunt Fall was great and smooth and their flyers look decent. I hear their newer SLC's are smoothish and they have a great variety of coasters. Their mine train coasters are supposed to be really good aswell.

So Vekoma.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Vekoma - responsible for Thunder coaster.

TRANSLATION.

Vekoma - Responsible for best woodie ever.

Vekoma, :D

Nadia

Mega Poster
Arrow!! When I think of Vekoma I think of rough SLC's, the rough GIB things I went on in America such as Deja Vu (which was DEATH) and wicked twister wasn't too smooth or enjoyable as it shot through the station and shook my head!!!

When I think of Arrow, I think of PMBO, Maggy (which is wicked) the Corskrew at Cedar whch was smooooth as and Vortex which I liked!! Yeah it has it's few dodge ones but still it rools over Vekoma by quite a bit for me!!

Defo Arrow!!

Divv

Roller Poster
This is a tough one...

I have rode many Arrow and Vekoma rides recently.

I don;t know what happened to me on Vortex nadia, but that was almost M&Ds bad for me! Yes, Magnum was excellent. As was Phantom's Revenge, although I don't know how much credit you can give Arrow for that.

On the whole I think I've rode equal numbers of evil Arrows and Vekomas recently. Including SLCs, Boomerangs, Corkscrews etc...

The one thing that sets the two apart for me are the Disney rides....

The three Vekomas at Disneyland Paris are excellent and appear to be getting better with Expedition Everest.

So for those reasons I'm gonna go for Vekoma (oh and I don;t want my friend Erik who works at Vekoma to fall out with me either! :D)

Divv "still to ride a Vekoma woodie" Walsh

Echoes

Mega Poster
Arrow owns. Their work is so much more classic, and always have a lot of character to them. Vekomas seem to have no emotion, if you know what I mean.

Nadia

Mega Poster
Divv said:
This is a tough one...

I have rode many Arrow and Vekoma rides recently.

I don;t know what happened to me on Vortex nadia, but that was almost M&Ds bad for me! Yes, Magnum was excellent. As was Phantom's Revenge, although I don't know how much credit you can give Arrow for that.

On the whole I think I've rode equal numbers of evil Arrows and Vekomas recently. Including SLCs, Boomerangs, Corkscrews etc...

The one thing that sets the two apart for me are the Disney rides....

The three Vekomas at Disneyland Paris are excellent and appear to be getting better with Expedition Everest.

So for those reasons I'm gonna go for Vekoma (oh and I don;t want my friend Erik who works at Vekoma to fall out with me either! :D)

Divv "still to ride a Vekoma woodie" Walsh

Haha Divv, Erik knows what I think of Vekoma and it's silly rides haha!!! I've been on Robin Hood at Walibi and that was so average and I kept whacking my leg on the lap bar. There is Velocity though which I like, but only that and Stunt Fall for Vekoma I think! Yeah it's so weird that you's sat in the same seat as me on vortex, it musta been the train after us as ours was so fine, I was thinking omg I'm gonna get killed!! But was so surprised, was great!! Was so funny seeing our different reactions when we got off!!

Dom

Roller Poster
I've been on three Arrows, and none of them were bad rides, and my no 6 and 10 are both Arrows, but saying that, my no 3 and 7 are Vekomas. Arrow made Magnum, but nothing else too successful. Vekoma have been re-invented with their indoor launches, Boosterbike, Tilt, Wooden, and new style SLC. Arrow died, and even though they were innovative with the Hyper, looper and 4D, they still couldn't make enough.

Vekoma, primarily because of their Woodies and launches, and the fact their still in business.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Yeah, I just noticed that Vekoma made Rock N' Roller Coaster, which actually pleasantly surprised me.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
Arrow has obviously done more for the industry.

However the best Vekoma or Arrow coaster I have ever been on is Jubilee Odyssey, so I'm going to say Vekoma.

Echoes

Mega Poster
Nadia said:
Arrow!! When I think of Vekoma I think of rough SLC's, the rough GIB things I went on in America such as Deja Vu (which was DEATH) and wicked twister wasn't too smooth or enjoyable as it shot through the station and shook my head!!!

Uhmmm, Wicked Twister is an Intamin. :D

But I agree with you, Arrow has done some pretty wicked stuff, while most Vekomas are just so-so.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I'm in between.

Both Vekoma and Arrow have some superb models going, but at the same time, have some of the roughest coasters around.

I have one Arrow coaster and one Vekoma coaster in my top 10, with the Arrow coaster rated higher, X. X and 4D coasters could've been incredibly successful and popular with the theme park industry if Arrow hadn’t rushed the design. Their hyper coasters like Magnum look awesome, their suspended coasters are pretty good and I really enjoyed Viper at SFMM so some of their loopers probably aren’t too bad either.

Vekoma have more models available on offer than Arrow did like family coasters, and are overall probably the more successful company with the massive success of their SLCs and Boomerangs, even if some of them are pretty crap. But like I said they do have some awesome rides like the GIBs and Expedition Everest. Their flyers and LSM bowls (mainly R'n'R) look pretty good too and their motorbike coasters aren’t too bad either. Also, of the few woodies they've made, they’re all meant to be great.

Overall, they've both made some incredible rides and some crap rides at the same time, so I’m really in between the two.