Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1.. Whole lot of no.

• Total voters

Snoo

The Legend
If so.. what about? Personally, my body. Being from a family of obese people.. my dad weighing nearly twice what he did at my age.. I'm extremely insecure about gaining any sort of weight.. and it isn't like I have a horrid figure.. just that fear of someday being a blimp like him scares the hell out of me.

SO! Go on.. :p

WelcomeToOblivion

Giga Poster
My weight is a big issue :p I'm a heffer.
Ok. I'm not that bad, but I would like to lose weight, and I am trying too.

I'm self conscious about everything about myself.

Jools

Giga Poster
Very vain, but every model should be :p But even when I have make up caked on and designer clothes and bright lights or whatever I still don't like the way I look in most of the pictures I see :? Other than that I am also a workout freak, and I freaked out because I thought I had love handles to which my friends told me it was actually skin and not fat, yes I know that's bad. :lol:

Yes and no, it just depends who I'm around. If there are girls present, I become about five million times more self conscious than I would if it were only guys because I just feel like girls are constantly judging, I always think they're prettier than me, and more cool/normal, and that the guys who are around are internally LOLing at how bad looking I am in comparison to the much hotter girls.

I'm self conscious about my boobs, but that's not really a huge issue until it comes to wearing a bathing suit or a low cut dress/shirt of some sort.

I'm getting better with weight. I understand that once you have any sort of eating disorder it's pretty much a lifelong issue but it has definitely been improving, though I still have a bad habit of having to look at my stomach in a mirror every time I eat or drink something.

I'm okay with my face, I wish it were a bit more defined but overall it's alright I suppose.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm self-conscious in the respect that I don't think people like me. I try too hard to make a good, lasting impression on people which I think can be seen as trying too hard or overbearing. Similarly if I don't hear from somebody in a while, they don't reply to my calls/texts or don't invite me to parties etc, I feel like I've done something wrong and that I must bad company.

There are a few things that play on my mind (such as weight and money, but then again, who honestly doesn't care about them?) but on the whole, I'm happy with myself.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No one, unless they're a lying or a douchebag, isn't self-conscious.

I'm not saying for one second that I have a perfect body, but I'm happy with it. Would I change anything? Possibly. Am I going to radically change my lifestyle to do so? **** off. I know people judge me (we all do it, it's involuntary), but I try not to let it get to me.

I find I mostly get 'self-conscious' when in front of large groups of people I'm not friendly with. I find presentations difficult and things like that, because I'm aware of so many people judging me, whereas on a more personal basis (as some of you who have met me hopefully know), I'm really easy going, relaxed and open.

So yes, I am self-conscious, but at the end of the day I am who I am.

marc

CF Legend
Very,

My weight, my height, my age, my looks just about everything.

Also worried people dont like me, and when things get back to me that people have said it just hurts.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Posting to say that I didn't vote in the poll, because I don't feel insecure enough to vote yes and I'm certainly not perfect! Perhaps a sliding 1-5 scale would be better? Only a suggestion, Snoo. Please don't dislike me :wink:

^ Oh God, presentations are the WORST. I have to do a presentation in front of 60 girls next month, and being that girls are seemingly more judgemental, I'm gonna have like fourty three heart attacks leading up to this presentation. I also can never make proper eye contact with people if they're not like, my friend, or I feel like they're judging.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Taylor, picture them naked and then telepathically send me the image. Thanks.

Snoo

The Legend
Ian said:
Posting to say that I didn't vote in the poll, because I don't feel insecure enough to vote yes and I'm certainly not perfect! Perhaps a sliding 1-5 scale would be better? Only a suggestion, Snoo. Please don't dislike me :wink:

Consider yourself very very liked Ian. :D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
SnooSnoo said:
Ian said:

Consider yourself very very liked Ian. :D
Apart from the fact that it now looks like I'm "5 - Very Self Conscious", and I'd have put myself around a 3.

Ben

CF Legend
Not really.

I used to be when I was fat, but, I'm quite thin now...

So, no, not really. I'm pretty good looking, smart and funny really, so, don't have much to feel self-concious about...

Mike

Giga Poster
I'm self-conscious in the respect that I don't think people like me.

I'm the same. Especially if I'm talking to someone, and they suddenly start chatting to someone else or start fidgeting or something, and then I think to myself "Why am I talking to you if you're not listening? Do you want to have a conversation or not?".

I can also get self-conscious with smells. Like, if I'm walking along and suddenly smell some kind of ordoury thing, I'm always worried if it's coming from me or not!

As far as weight goes, it depends who I'm with. If I'm on my own or with a group of people who are all thinner than me, I suddenly feel like I'm a whale. If I'm with people who are larger than me, I think "Well, I'm not really too fat", if that makes sense. :p

Or am I getting self-consciousness mixed with paranoia? :?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
With this subject I can split it Pre and Post June/July time last year...

Pre June, I would say I was at the top end of the scale. I don't mix well with people and I was very conscious over every action. I just came out of a period of extreme bullying. I don't really get how to interact with people really on my own. I would often want to have every controlled. If something isn't controlled by me, I would get frustrated. I would plan what I say to people. I would panic if asked a question and would stutter with the answer. I would plan simply how to leave the classroom, in fear of making a fool of myself somehow. I would stay off the school site and bugger off about 2 miles away (walk) in bramber as I would be on my own. I would be paranoid over smell's, what people are thinking of me.

What did I do? I decided to study particular people. Watch how they interact. Form little experiments. In order to learn. I was very conscious of 'friends' and a particular girl and was very fearful of saying the wrong thing. Trouble is it always felt like I was saying the wrong thing, with the wierd looks I got. Finally when I found someone to connect with, I felt like I was loosing them and in frustration of that, CF saw the rage of my wraith.

Basically all about social conforming really. But come June/July about the release of the 13 doc when discovering another person like me, (TS), Inspired off her life story partly, I suddenly had a thought. Why am I trying to conform with something that everybody else does? Whats the point of living a life that every-other average person lives? The consciousness of what I am is holding me back. No. This ends. No more misery. I decided I'm going to be myself, be different and embrace what makes me happy and who I am, not giving a single toss what the sheep think. Problem fixed. Hopefully someone has seen the change...

So on that end, I would now lower my conciousness on that scale to about 2.