Are Skywarps Roller Coasters?

Are Skywarps Roller Coasters?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
RCDB has just added Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster to RCDB, so they clearly think it is a coaster, but then the comparison to Larson Superloops make some people think otherwise. So let's settle the debate, are these rides by Skyline Attractions coasters, or just flats?

RCDB link:- https://rcdb.com/15674.htm

TilenB

Strata Poster
Rcdb also has Butterflies and Alpine Coasters listed and those aren't coasters either, so I'm not going by "everything rcdb says is 'right'". ;)
A bit interesting that they don't have it down as a powered coaster, though. As far as I can see, one part of train is always in contact with the power wheels?

JSM

Mega Poster
A bit interesting that they don't have it down as a powered coaster, though. As far as I can see, one part of train is always in contact with the power wheels?
When the trains are in the inversions no part of the trains or the attachments are in contact with the tires. For that reason, I consider it a coaster.
Edit: I'm wrong, there always is a part of the train/attachment touching the tires. Still, I believe it's powered by gravity once it's up to its top speed.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
The company confirmed that the trains actually do coast in sections of the track. I’d say that’s the definition of a roller COAST er

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I personally say it's a coaster mainly due to the trains. They're completely articulated, which is a huge indicator for a coaster. Disko's, Alpine Coasters, and Butterflies aren't (usually) articulated, and aren't always called coasters.

But it all comes down to personal opinion. If you think it's a coaster, go ahead. If you don't think so, nobody's holding you against it. Except for people on the internet who think opinions are the same as facts and should be treated as 'correct' or 'incorrect'. ;)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm leaning towards counting it because it's way more substantial than a Larson Loop. I'd have to ride one before I make a judgement based on how it feels.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
wouldn't that make wild mouse coasters not roller coasters?
There's always going to be some grey area. Wild Mice are clearly coasters, but many of the other things listed are quite debatable.

Like I said, judge it for yourself. If you want to count something, be my guest.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I'm leaning towards counting it because it's way more substantial than a Larson Loop. I'd have to ride one before I make a judgement based on how it feels.

The feeling thing is one of my criteria - so to me an alpine coaster feels like a coaster so I count it - and I'm utterly unsure about half pipes - because they feel more like a flat ride!

As of right now, no. I don't see it as being any different than counting a Larson Loop; however, if they do in fact coast on their own and feel like a coaster to me whenever I ride one, I may change my mind. I might also be a sheep and see what the majority thinks, and then follow suit :p