What's new

Apollo's Chariot

Josh73

Giga Poster
Hey guys,

I'm doind a science project on Apollo's Chariot, and I'm just windering if anybody has any information on the structure science of roller coasters, or any good little known facts about Apollo's Chariot.

Thanks

Josh73

Giga Poster
I didn't know how to word it, but basically the structure stuff about roller coasters, specificaly Apollo's Chariot if possible.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I don't know if this will help but all rides' supports start with the footers. The holes drilled for them reach bedrock, which varies from ride to ride, and even on the ride itself if it spans a large enough area. Bedrock can be 20 feet or 120 feet depending on the geography in that area. Look at the geometry of the supports. You'll see that the higher up, the thicker the support beams get. Turns are guaranteed to have A frames or some sort of batter bracing. Another thing you can do is look how the support tubes themselves are made. Some are sheets that are rolled in a spiral formation, others are sheets rolled into a cylinder, and some are just fabricated in a cylinder already and require no additional cold working.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Antinos said:
The holes drilled for them reach bedrock,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpGx4foRdPw[/youtube]

That's all I can add to this discussion :lol:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Fabio was struck while riding. :drinking:

Fabio-Hit-with-Bird-at-Busch-Gardens.jpg

davidx233

Roller Poster
Interesting fact: it was the first B&M mega coaster
structure: roller coasters have potential energy at the top of the lift (mxh) and kinetic as they go down (mxv squared)