What's new

Anyone know what a ancient kush prince would wear in battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
My friend's son is having a social studies play about the kingdom of Kush attacking the ancient Romans, he invited me to be a actor, and I got the role of a ancient kush prince (I wanted to be a roman officer). Does anybody know what a ancient Kush prince would wear in battle, other than armor? And what decorations would the armor have?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Anyone know what a ancient kush prince would wear in bat

Jesus titty-f**king Christ, just use Google!

Ben

CF Legend

Remember the days when trolls were funny?

mouse

Giga Poster

Lets see, if you're going to be wearing this in a social studies play then you must also fully understand your character of a Kush prince.
The Kush were an ancient civilisation based in Sweden during around 500BC. They worshiped a collection of gods similar to the ancient Greeks. Some of the more notable gods include Ruceyx, the god of agriculture, Sushmouh, the god of pottery, and Gonad, the god of fertility. The Kush based their society on the belief of these gods, and they used to visit a temple every Thursday to worship them. Worship included prayers, sacrifices and singing - particularly the songs of Kate Bush, who founded the society (Hence the name K(ate B)ush). Kush women would traditionally stay at home to look after the children (known as 'Kushkins') and wash dishes. While some households had dishwashers, many women still had to wash dishes by hand. The men were made to join the army when they turned 18, resulting in a large and powerful army. Despite this, the Kush were not involved in any major battles - particularly because no other civilisations had heard of them. After leaving the army the men would return to their homes and spend time doing pottery or visiting strip clubs. Perhaps the Kush's most significant contribution to modern society was the creation of retail chain Ikea - the first megastore opened 463BC just outside the Kush retail park. Alongside the development of Ikea was the invention of a soft and puffy piece of fabric designed to make chairs more comfy. This was named the 'Kushion', later being named 'Cushion' due to copyright infringement.

Despite being royalty the Kush prince would still be required to fight in the army, but would wear a different dress to other other men in battle. So make sure you are wearing a Prince's battle outfit, and not the usual well known Kush battle gear. A Kush prince in battle would typically wear a long tunic that covers most of his body. The tunic would be flesh coloured due to a dye secreted from the urine of a goat. As well as the tunic, the prince would also usually wear a large flesh coloured (or sometimes pink) hood; the hood is used to show his status as a prince. The prince would also wear large flesh coloured footwear to protect his feet from getting blisters in battle. This footwear was generally large and spherical, and would comfortably contain the prince's feet.
So if you were to dress as a Kush prince in battle I would suggest you wear something like this:

18a21c85-b77a-4335-96ad-8f3c791b17b1.jpg

Perhaps you already have a costume like that? I'd imagine you wear it while contributing to this forum.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster

gavin said:
Because the role of woman in Nubia is ever so useful.
I hate when people like you can't use their brains, and realize that google doesn't have every single answer.
Main point is: Use your **** brain.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster

mouse said:
Lets see, if you're going to be wearing this in a social studies play then you must also fully understand your character of a Kush prince.
The Kush were an ancient civilisation based in Sweden during around 500BC. They worshiped a collection of gods similar to the ancient Greeks. Some of the more notable gods include Ruceyx, the god of agriculture, Sushmouh, the god of pottery, and Gonad, the god of fertility. The Kush based their society on the belief of these gods, and they used to visit a temple every Thursday to worship them. Worship included prayers, sacrifices and singing - particularly the songs of Kate Bush, who founded the society (Hence the name K(ate B)ush). Kush women would traditionally stay at home to look after the children (known as 'Kushkins') and wash dishes. While some households had dishwashers, many women still had to wash dishes by hand. The men were made to join the army when they turned 18, resulting in a large and powerful army. Despite this, the Kush were not involved in any major battles - particularly because no other civilisations had heard of them. After leaving the army the men would return to their homes and spend time doing pottery or visiting strip clubs. Perhaps the Kush's most significant contribution to modern society was the creation of retail chain Ikea - the first megastore opened 463BC just outside the Kush retail park. Alongside the development of Ikea was the invention of a soft and puffy piece of fabric designed to make chairs more comfy. This was named the 'Kushion', later being named 'Cushion' due to copyright infringement.

Despite being royalty the Kush prince would still be required to fight in the army, but would wear a different dress to other other men in battle. So make sure you are wearing a Prince's battle outfit, and not the usual well known Kush battle gear. A Kush prince in battle would typically wear a long tunic that covers most of his body. The tunic would be flesh coloured due to a dye secreted from the urine of a goat. As well as the tunic, the prince would also usually wear a large flesh coloured (or sometimes pink) hood; the hood is used to show his status as a prince. The prince would also wear large flesh coloured footwear to protect his feet from getting blisters in battle. This footwear was generally large and spherical, and would comfortably contain the prince's feet.
So if you were to dress as a Kush prince in battle I would suggest you wear something like this:

18a21c85-b77a-4335-96ad-8f3c791b17b1.jpg

Perhaps you already have a costume like that? I'd imagine you wear it while contributing to this forum.
If there was a like button I would like that comment. That **** was actually quite funny.
Since there isn't a like button, I'll just clap. =D>

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

An ancient kush prince traditionally wears precisely 420 marijuana plants into battle and they only battle at 4:20pm. They also take a battle dog with them called Snoop.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster

cjbrandy said:
An ancient kush prince traditionally wears precisely 420 marijuana plants into battle and they only battle at 4:20pm. They also take a battle dog with them called Snoop.
Not funny, and was expecting that. Try again. Also I believe Snoop Dog changed his nickname to Snoop Lion.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Ayy Lmao said:
gavin said:
I hate when people like you can't use their brains, and realize that google doesn't have every single answer.

I actually heard of this thing that just came out. It's brand new, it's a large place, and has a ton of stuff you need in it.

It's called your local library. And they have a thing called an Encyclopedia. It's like Google, but it's real! Crazy, huh?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

Ayy Lmao said:
changed his nickname to Snoop Lion.

It may be true but **** that **** he's ALWAYS gonna be Snoop Dogg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Ayy Lmao said:
gavin said:
The whole, entire Internet doesn't have the answer, but a handful of people on a coaster enthusiast website will?

I think there's someone else here who might need to reconsider appropriate brain usage.

Tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.