What's new

Another Thorpe Report - 7th Aug

the_missus

Mega Poster
Well this was a trip organised by my work, but I had a couple of mates come along. We had to get to the pickup point by 0845....fun times!

The journey there was quite mundane....there was some annoying little child! But they put Dirty Dancing on, I forgot where I was and started to sing along!

Got to the park and tickets sorted by about 1020. Then myself, Rickie & Tess headed into the park. Got through the barriers and then me and Rickie were stopped by security!! Both got made to queue up to be searched, how rude! I didn't mind too much as the woman was quite hot!! I did make some remark to her when she asked me to take my belt off!

So, we eventually got into the park and headed for the rides. I wanted to do Inferno first, so we made our way over there to discover it was shut! I was not happy!!

Then we saw that Stealth only had a 10 min wait, so we headed for there.

SDC10613.jpg

Well, I was more pushed there! I was practically giving Rickie a piggy back! We got to the front and Rickie wanted to go front row, so me and Tess got on. This is the first time either of us had ever been on Stealth. We both loved it!! We wanted to go back on it after but the queue had jumped to about 45 mins.

Then just before Rickie got on it, it decided to breakdown!! So we had to wait about 15 mins and then he was on it!

SDC10617.jpg

SDC10618.jpg

Inferno was still closed, so we headed in the direction of Colossus. That had about a 90 min queue and so did Saw, so considering none of us had been on Saw we decided to queue for that.

SDC10620.jpg

After being in the queue for about 45 mins, Security came and removed 2 lads....couldn't really see why though! I got very bored in the queue and as you can see Tess was not amused!

SDC10625.jpg

I then got Rickie to take a picture of the queue behind us.....because I'm too short to get any sort of decent picture!!

SDC10627.jpg

Then I decided to get a group pciture....I was very bored and dying for the toilet so had to keep myself occupied!!

SDC10626.jpg

Then I took a few piccys of the ride. This one girl had us all in stitches. All you could hear was I presume her friend screaming and then from her "OH. MY. GOD" It was very pronounced and even funnier that you could quite clearly hear it over the other girl screaming!!

SDC10621.jpg

SDC10623.jpg

SDC10622.jpg

Then we finally got into the shack-thingy, well before we got in a few girls could be heard screaming, so I was expecting something good. Alas, it was due to some hot air being blown out above you. So everytime the queue moved and new people came into it, we were waiting to see how many screamed. Lots of women did, but this one bloke had me in stitches! The air got blown and all you heared was this very deep 'YEAH'. Guess you had to be there, but I was in stitches....not good considering I was dying for the loo!!

So anyway, finally got on the ride and I loved it! Found it very enjoyable, but was expecting more from the theming. I have heard several different people say how great it was, but I thought it was okay. I think they had built my expectations up a bit me thinks!!
But the ride itself, I really enjoyed. I think as well, cos we were in a 3some it was one of the rides that we could all go on together!! The picture was hilarious, wish I had bought it now. Rickie had zipped his hoody all the way up so it completely covered his head, Tess was smiling.....and I looked like I was having a stroke!!

So once we had got off, we decided to go and see if Inferno was open, it was still closed but they were doing test runs and a queue had started to form. So we joined the queue and after about 10 mins, they opened it up. We then only had about a 15 min wait. We decided to go Front row with this baby. Was so much fun, except the beginning didn't feel as forceful, but I loved it anyway!!

After this Tess was starting to feel a little queasy, so went to good ol BK for lunch. I was a bit hyper and just kept doing an impression of that guy in the Saw Queue. Which basically consisted of me shouting 'Yeah' in a very loud, deep voice!!

We then headed to Colossus, had a 30 min wait, so thought why not!! It went quite quickly which was good and again I messed about with my camera a little bit!

SDC10628.jpg

SDC10629.jpg

Got on the ride and I really enjoyed it! Only downside is that I came off with a bit of a headache.

Rickie then wanted to go on Tidal Wave, now it was kinda warm but still very cloudy so I didn't want to go on it. Tess was going to....until she saw the people coming off the ride! Rickie then decided that if he made me wet then I might as well go on the ride! So, he dragged me into the Soak Zone and one side of me got completely drenched!

SDC10632.jpg
This picture doesn't really do it justice, I was sodden!!

I still refused to go on it, so he went on his own and came back looking like this!!

SDC10633.jpg

SDC10634.jpg

He then thought it would be a great idea to come and bear hug me and Tess. It didn't make a difference to me as I was already soaked, but Tess wasn't!

SDC10636.jpg

SDC10635.jpg
Funny how its only around her breasticles!

We then all headed to the Rapids, as Tess really wanted to do them. It was practically walk on and then the Ride Op decided to tell us how much she hated her job!!

Got put on there with 3 young girls, but apart from that very uneventful! Except when we were walking out, this little kid stared at Rickie who was still drenched, so he told the kid he got that wet from the Rapids!!

After getting off the Rapids we had about 45 mins before our coach left, so we decided to head back to Stealth. It said it had a 20 min wait. So we got in the queue. After about 5 mins a group of young lads tried to get in front of us. Rickie refused to let them past as it was queue jumping, but they were adamant that as their mate had saved them a space up in front it wasn't queue jumping, so they were arrogant and thick!! He still refused to let them through, so they tried to barge past both of us, but we stood our ground! Then this little fat one, started pushing Rickie and a man who was in front of us told them in a less tactile way, to stop or he would sort them out! Funnily enough they stopped after that! Then we got right near the front and Stealth decided to breakdown AGAIN!! By this time we only had 15 mins to get back to the coach. An engineer came over and then for about 10 mins they kept saying that they would be sending it for a test run. We nearly left the queue (the twats behind us did, thank god!) but then they actually did a test. Well they did about 3 and then let people on. So we all got on it and again it was fab!

As soon as we got off we had to leg it to the entrance, got to the coach about 20 mins late....with everyone already on it! We got a few stares when we got on!!

Overall, it was a fab day! Not a huge ride count but the company was great and we kept ourselves amused in the longer queues. Apart from a couple of breakdowns, everything else was running very smoothly. Even the queue for Saw, it was going quite quick, we never stood still for very long.

Only downside was the twats in the Stealth queue and that wasn't Thorpe's fault!!