What's new

Angry Birds: The Theme Park

Mark

Strata Poster
Ok, so its not a whole theme park, like the headlines are suggesting but, Särkänniemi Adventure Park in Tampere, Finland is to get a new Angry Birds themed area and is apparently opening on April 28th...

Daily Mail said:
Angry Birds theme park to launch in Finland
It has millions of fans across the world - including Prime Minister David Cameron - and now Angry Birds is getting its own theme park.

Angry Birds Land, which is based around the popular smartphone game, will open on 28 April in Finland, where the game was first designed. The theme park will be based in Särkänniemi Adventure Park in Tampere, and will feature rides and amusement park games, as well as a ‘Magic Place’ area with interactive games.

Visitors have been told to expect an ‘interactive entertainment experience’ where ‘the physical and virtual worlds combine’.

Miikka Seppälä, the CEO of Särkänniemi Adventure Park said: ‘We wanted to create a unique themed area and associate it with a strong and well-known brand.

‘The Angry Birds characters were born in Finland but known worldwide by people of all ages. This is a perfect fit for our Adventure Park. ‘Our goal is to motivate the fans, both adults and children, to exercise and enjoy the outdoors.’

Sneak previews of Angry Birds Land will be shown on the Park's website and on the Angry Birds Facebook page this spring.

The simple game is now the number one paid app of all time and has been downloaded over 700 million times since its launch.

Players use catapults to fire infuriated birds at green pigs hiding inside buildings made of planks.

The 59p game - which was developed by Finnish gaming company Rovio Entertainment - has spawned a series of spin-offs including Angry Birds toys and clothing. A Hollywood movie is also said to be in the pipeline.

An unlicensed Angry Birds theme park was launched in China in September last year. Visitors to the park were invited to use a giant catapult to shoot Angry Birds soft toys at green pig balloons floating around a toy brick fortress.

Thoughts? Personally I love the game and I am not shocked in anyway that it is happening... I am interested to know if that date is correct though. The 28th April isn't exactly far away, unless they have already long been at work and just managed to keep it secret that is?

Brookes

Giga Poster
Pretty sure this cropped up somewhere before, which may explain why it's not far off opening. As for the idea itself, in terms of popularity it's a great idea, as it's so well known. Whether it'll work or not is a different matter.

Lofty

CF Legend
This is fantastic. I love the thought of it, yeah, it's not as if you can add themed rides and such, but it is a good idea to have a themed area to it, it's so popular and that popularity doesn't seem o be subsiding any time soon.

Mark

Strata Poster
I quite like the idea of some kind of Bungee Ball type attraction, or even a Sky Coaster... that could work :)

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
They haven't even released 'The Angry Birds Movie' (seriously, they actually are planning this) yet...