What's new

An amazing and epic side project

Xpress

Strata Poster
Not really, but since you're here, you might as well suck up some of that boredom by browsing through the following photo:

aeronydamic.jpg

Introducing AERONYDAMIC!

Which is a term I have coined to describe a B&M outside the realms of unconventional B&M.

Intricks

Strata Poster
This looks like it could have been made in RCT3 and then just "copied" via N2....either way, looks interesting and definitely something B&M hasn't (and most likely won't) done...would be nifty to see it happen in real life though....only concern I can see so far would be possible collision with the supports; however, take in mind I haven't dicked around with custom supports much.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
RCF said:
Mini stand up? interesting.
I think it looks like a sit-down. ;)

Looks interesting. Quite compact and unique. It'll be interesting to see this finished, can you make it 'feel' like a B&M? :p

metalhead7

Mega Poster
very nice!!! I'm not sure if I'm totally sold on the layout, but its the best B/M twister I've seen in a while2

I also take it the barrel roll after the helix isn't done yet ;)

Xpress

Strata Poster
^^^^It's a twister.

^^^Bingo. Was dicking around with RCT 3 the other day, and figured it would make a great NL track, but done up in a realistic, non "copy/paste" element fashion. Hated the way it rode in the game, so I imported the track from RCT1 and began work.

^^Quite. Working on that flow right now.

^No, everything up to the hairtime hill in front is completed though.

Completely different track and flow from what it was in the game. Makes me wonder what the hell the game designers were thinking when they made those track elements, as really none of them fit together. I will upload both the raw imported track and the completed versions when I do so. Perhaps by the end of today or tomorrow? I'm not doing any theming, as it's just a side project.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Wait, you imported a RCT track to No Limits and are trying to make it ridable? Sorry, this topic confused me! Haha.

walker1104

Mega Poster
^ You're not the only one haha. Yeah I believe thats what he's doing... Either way, I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, that is exactly what he's doing. :)

Xpress

Strata Poster
That is precisely what I am doing...

Another screenie with a re-shaped 0-g.

aeronydamic3.jpg

Also support work.

I'm still not happy with the way the 0-g feels, so I'm still tweaking it...

Twn114

Roller Poster
Its nice to see a classic RCT track done in NoLimits, i can never seem to get a track imported into NoLimits!

It looks great! looking forward to riding it!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I tried this once, but I couldn't be bothered with the unreal amount of effort I'd needed to have put in to get it all smooth and safe, so I gave up. Kudos for trying this Xpress.

I think you should keep the colours. If you're going to change anything, blend the colour change over 10-20 short segments. :D

Intricks

Strata Poster
I have honestly attempted this in the past and it was fun to ride the ride via No Limits, but making it all safe was as hixee said, just unreal. The new pic seriously reminds me of one of the original tracks you get in the game itself for the B&M ride you can build (whatever its called). It could just be the changing colors, but something in that picture is triggering a really hazy memory of RCT...

Xpress

Strata Poster
Can anybody spot the subtle changes in the layout (besides the blatantly obvious shaping and bankings)?

aeronydamic4.jpg

aeronydamic7.jpg

aeronydamic6.jpg

aeronydamic5.jpg

Brookes

Giga Poster
On the newer one the zero-g goes right as opposed to left? This is an awesome idea by the way, I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Ok... after the zero-g, the helix goes upwards and over on the newer one in comparison to downwards and under.