• Amusement Park

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Which do you prefer?

For me, it is amusement. Sure, dark rides can be fun, but coasters are better.

Mark

Strata Poster
Providing it is done properly I like the fact that in a theme park you travel around lands and it takes you to different places, giving you different feelings in each.

tks

Strata Poster
I love the atmosphere a good theme park gives you. Blackpool has alot of rides and a really great seaside atmosphere. But there's no depth to the rides. They just happen to be there.

A

Anonymous

Theme Parks, Busch Gardens and IOA both deliver the thrills and have top notch themeing, the two aren't mutually exclusive you know.

A

Anonymous

Amusement park - more of a "fairground" atmosphere - find that theme parks can be too synthetic for my liking!

Ben

CF Legend
I don't really mind to be honest. I do like a good theme and story but it isn't the most important thing to me. I'd rather have a theme but I really don't mind.

A

Anonymous

theme park- i like how theres lots of different themed areas and quite often a good story behind each of them and that to me, makes a more magical atmosphere and gives me a better feeling in that area of this park and then you travel to the next and you suddenly feel completely different eg Forbidden valley to ug land, its a bit like going back in time lol, yes im sad. it just gives me a better impression of the park..

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Themming adds a lot to a ride, but at the end of the day it's the ride feeling and experience that floats my boat. Amusement park.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Nothing can beat the first visit to a theme park, taking in all the theming and sounds etc. However, for "re-visits" an amusement park is good.

kir

Hyper Poster
Well I'm so used to CWoA and TP that anything other than a theme park would be a bit of a shock for me. A good theme is essential if you're supposed to be a theme park, but if you go to an amusement park there's no point complaining that the ride is build above a car park etc because it's not meant to be themed at all. It is a shame that some great coasters are built just for experience rather than scenery interactivity, which can make or break a ride.

A

Anonymous

I'd rather have a theme park. I like dark rides and all the atmospher the different lands create. You can spend so much time lookin at all the scenery and props, it's a great day out.

A

Anonymous

Theme Parks I prefer cos there is just so much you can look at, and stories for rides are usually quite good. However this has to be done well to achieve the proper feeling on the people there. Otherwise it ends up with a theme to an area, but no story for rides and they end up being out of place.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, I prefer Theme Parks too, they seem to feel more magical, and draw me out of the everyday world so I can just have fun and not worry about other factors of life. Whereas at Amusement Parks I just ride the rides, but don't get that same happy feeling that I do at theme parks.

A

Anonymous

I love the atmosphere of a great themed park, more than I like an amusement park. Sure, there are probably more rides in an amusement park, but I'm not even sure that I would dare to ride a coaster like Top Thrill Dragster or Millennium Force for that matter...

A

Anonymous

Lovely classic amusmant park goodness can be fun, especially with the tasty wooden classic goodness within :p

But theme parks are nice too, funky cool atmospheres, nope, I cant decide, they both rule :D

Nadia

Mega Poster
Hmmmm i'm gonna say amusement park, only because when I think of them, I think of little american ones, romantic walks and candy floss etc and I just think they touch me more and leave me with a more personal connection than theme parks (I know what I mean lolol) :oops: :D

Titan

Mega Poster
I'm going with amusement park. I've been to only amusement parks for a few years, then went to my first theme park last november. Yeah the themeing was incredible, but I prefer the thrills over the story. Storys and plots are cool, but personally thats not what makes the rides...its the rails you ride on.

A

Anonymous

I will say amusement parks because I don't really pay attention to theming when I'm on a coaster.