Theme Park or Amusement Park?

• Theme Park

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Amusement Park

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I honestly don't mind either way. I'm not that concerned over theming to a ride, i'll enjoy it either way, but theming does give a nice atmosphere to a park.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
This one is hard...Amusement parks are great because you just get so many more rides in, but its dissapointing to see beautiful rollercoasters just sitting on an unused car park. Theme parks just have...the magic. lol

A

Anonymous

Amusement Parks every time......don't particularly enjoy paying for parking; "we're taking your picture today"; the total lack of incentive to run the rides properly / efficiently; walking a mile from one ride to another etc etc.....

The other point to make is that there are probably only a half dozen or so Theme Parks in the world in truth.The rest - places like Alton Towers, are just a farce.

aly

Mega Poster
Well, for me it?s Amusement Parks, as for me it all boils down to the ride, and what it?s like. Though some amusement parks do have some good themeing in places which doe?s make it that little bit better. Though I think having loads of rides near each other also enhances the fun and thrills. Although don?t get me wrong, there?s nothing wrong with a good theme park. Drayton & Thorpe still lack their theme park-ness in parts though.

Drayton, anywhere other than the area where Maelstorm, StromForce 10 Project X etc are is really well themed, while the rest of the park looks basic and lacks input.

The same can be said for Thorpe really, the dome entrance building, depth charge, and the area with all the flat rides, and the Octopus Garden, all take the Theme Park factor away, though it?s still a good park. While other areas are heavily themed.

thx

Mega Poster
I've only been to one themepark, Disneyland Paris so I haven't experienced themeparks as much as amusementparks. I like that there are often many rides packed in a amusementpark whereas themeparks have often more space between the rides and longer distancies between the rides and not necessarily as many rides as amusementparks have. I really like nice themeing, trees, flowerplantations etc., so I voted for themeparks.

A

Anonymous

I preffer theme parks because for me a bit of the thrill comes from theming, and its always nice if a park looks good theme wise.

A

Anonymous

I prefer theming. Its handy when you have to queue and you get to admire the theming. Also, it kinda adds atmosphere. I mean oblivion wouldnt be as scary without the theming. But if there was no theming, it wouldnt kill me. After all I go to the theme park to ride the rides and not check the theming.

A

Anonymous

Ugh...I wish there was a "cancel vote" button. I voted amusement parks, and now I feel like I've betrayed my beloved Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I suppose neither is neccessarily better, though. Either one can be great if done right.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Theme Parks for me, as most people have already said, it is the atmosphere in each area or section, and theming around the ride adds to the experience, like nemesis, they did a excellent job with that with the limitations, always will be theme parks for me!

A

Anonymous

hmmmm i would prob have to say i prefer theme parks, they seem to make the ride more of an experience - whenever i hear the colossus soundtrack memories come flashing back of great times.
Amusement parks are great aswell i just like a bit of themeing.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
I prefer amusement parks as they spend more money on thrill rides than theming. Theme parks are more likely to build family rides and spend plenty of money on theming instead of coasters. Ceder Point is a great example on how the amusement park can be.

A

Anonymous

I prefer amusement parks but they have to have coasters of good length and the park has to have a nice appearence.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Amusement Parks definately, since when it comes down to it, a huge thrill ride is definately better than a themed, enclosed ride.