What's new

Amazing scale models of attractions

peep

CF Legend
The other week a video went a bit viral amongst the Efteling fan base showing off a scale (WORKING) model of Fata Morgana, a dark ride based in the park. It has so far taken the guy 4 years to build and it looks absolutely fantastic and exactly like the real thing. The video is below...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEmA7tlK7YQ[/youtube]

Have you seen any other scale models of park attractions that are extremely well done?

Snoo

The Legend
While not spectacular, Cedar Point has scale models of Blue Streak and Mean Streak in their little history thing.. I think.. someone verify.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
At Hollywood Studios, in One Man's Dream, they have a scale model of The Great Movie Ride! showing off all of the show scenes. At DCA they also had a model of Radiator Springs for the Blue Cellar preview.

I believe at one point SFMM had turned their observation deck into a "musuem" and had models of some of the rides, past and present, up there.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Snoo said:
While not spectacular, Cedar Point has scale models of Blue Streak and Mean Streak in their little history thing.. I think.. someone verify.
Yup. In the "Town Hall," back in Frontier Town, is an entire museum dedicated to old CP memorabilia. It's actually a pretty good collection.

Included are scale models of Blue Streak, Mean Streak, and the old White Water Landings flume ride. Mean Streak's model is the most impressive.

0.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I remember checking those out during Coastermania with Snoo, before we found a quiet corner & took a long nap.
new_sleeping.gif

njn63

Mega Poster
SFGA has a scale model from the Marriott days in a gift shop near the gate. Not a super detailed model but kind of cool because of the history.
4942909885_fce2cec607_o.jpg

4946960249_6efb6e0a4a_z.jpg

Nicky

Hyper Poster
In Hotel Colloseo at Europa Park they had a scale model of Wodan in the middle of the foyer which was pretty amazing

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I just remembered, for Diamondback's announcement, Kings Island brought in Coaster Dynamix to create a model of the ride.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQAlVYa3aJE[/youtube]

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The queue for that weird Europa Park Advert: The Ride thing had a couple of models. I remember it had Euro Sat, but can't remember any others, or if there actually were any others.

Lotte World has a model of Comet Express near the doors if you're heading out from the inside area to the Magic Island area. It's a crap model really, but it's good to get an idea of the size and layout of it.

I don't have any pictures because I don't care enough.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I took a photo of it, but wasn't going to post it because it's not "amazing" :p

b541920eb5c954081695530c.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^That hasn't stopped anybody else in this topic so far.