What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie

CF Legend
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

If the whole indoor section has the walls this close the the track all with projections on it's going to be really disorientating. Especially if the tunnel follows the banking of the track so it looks like you're still the right way up but you're actually inverting.
tumblr_mir4xn7YDG1qck98uo1_500.jpg

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

If this has a two operation train like Saw, what will happen to car 2 when car 1 is going through the track? Like Saw, car 2 has the speech from Billy.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Martyn B said:
You'd have thought that Gersty would have learnt a thing or two since they made Speed....

8f5gg00c79fcanej0up21a.jpg

Clearly not....

The thing is, that monstrosity is the best part of Speed - so I'm not overly worried it has that poor profiling to be honest ;)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

That isn't the worst part of speed, but it ain't the best either. Silly Phil. The airtime hill is the best, that part that they've never included on another ride since. Instead they insist on doing everything the ride type does badly and omitting the good stuff.

nadroJ

CF Legend

^doesn't Saw have an airtime hill? Or is that one different in some way?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

The Speed airtime hill is worse than the entire of Baco put together. It's a horrid, skull wrenching abhorrence and there's a damn good reason it has never been included ion another ride since :)

marc

CF Legend

Was there an airtime hill? Never felt any at all.

Speed is the worst Eurofighter I have ever been on. Nothing flows its just all wrong.

Like Baco and Ghostrider I cannot see myself ever riding it again.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

It's the bit where you black out - so you probably don't remember it for that reason.

Joey says "airtime hill". Of course he actually means "bit of track that tries to separate your head from the rest of your body" It's an airtime hill in the same way an executioners axe is a shaving razor.

bmac

Giga Poster

furie said:
Joey says "airtime hill". Of course he actually means "bit of track that tries to separate your head from the rest of your body" It's an airtime hill in the same way an executioners axe is a shaving razor.

So for us americans who haven't ridden this thing, it's comparable to El Toro ejector + OTSRs + a bloody axe? Am I correct?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

It makes the El Toro ejector hill look like a slight bump in the road. Unfortunately, the Eurofighter trains have OTSR, which (for me, certainly) keep my body completely pinned into the seat.

So you hit the "airtime hill" and it's massive negatives. Suddenly my head is being pulled at -2g away from my body which is perfectly still (due to the restraint and because the train is tight on the track). So it's pretty much like being hanged, and not well hung at that ;)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

You haven't even started on the fact that you can feel every weld and join along the length of track!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Ethan said:
I loved the Speed airtime hill <3

Yeah, and your favourite coaster is Stampida and Joey loves The Ultimate. I call for opinions being disregarded due to masochism/brain damage ;) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.