What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarger001

Roller Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

Can't be a winged, the ride is very very compact.

I still think it's something to do with the break run. But the swirls make it look like a world record inversion ride, which is HIGHLY possible. But why the indoor section?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I really hope the spirally bit doesn't indicate spinning. I really, really, really hope it doesn't.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

The floor patterns will be the "Ministry of Fun" things for Scarefest, would bet Mushroom's life on it ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

It better be. Any suggestion of spinning and I'm going to lose all interest in this new coaster.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Speaking of which, when are they actually going to announce what the hell this is? It's irking me now. And I really hope we see some vertical construction by the time Scarefest rolls around, I remember the excitement of seeing The Swarm at Thorpe around this time last year.

NickkyG

Mega Poster

What if it has back-to-back seating (Spinball Whizzer without the spinning). Then at the halfway point the ride spins and reverses you? One half forwards, one half backwards.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I hope it's not an inversion record because the stats say it has 11 inversion. Same number as an existing or soon-to-be-built steel inverted coaster in Asia.
Besides I always thought 1 upping in records was kinda lame.

Even if it's a record of # of swords swallowed. I extra sword isn't remarkable. It's the fact the person has swallowed any at all.

I think the pattern refers to the Scare-Maze and possibly to the story of the area/ride rather than an explicit hint. I mean they ought to know that we fanatics are obsessed with reconstructing the smallest details and thus they won't do a Hex-type teaser (spinning advert). Besides Air has a swirl. Does Air spin? Only along in the form of in-line twists.

the king

Mega Poster

A picture from yesterday. It appears that holes are being dug for footers near the top of the hole in the station area. You can see it on the left of the photo.

8014718993_18bc1364de_k_zps3191a72a.jpg

Image taken by CoasterMadMatt. http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... 91a72a.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend

Whether it is MS, or Gerst, I just hope this is an enjoyable coaster to ride.

ry1996

Mega Poster

Hopefully that picture is the start of footers, and i hope they go in really quickly.

Jake

Strata Poster

I just hope, for god sake, that this thing has lap bars.

We hear good things about creds like Wicked and Dare Dyke Dive, yet the normal Eurofighters and stuff usually have pretty horrid reputations. With lap bars, even if it was a bit rough it wouldn't matter, and the experience would be a hell of a lot better. More reridability too.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

If this going to invert or have a very steep drop (as the Eurofighteresque plans indicate), it'll have OTSRs. It would take a brave park to fart in the face of British 'elf & safety.

Tomatron

Giga Poster

G-Force down the road at Drayton Manor has those massive body-crushing lapbars, so it could happen. The Eurofighter OTSRs are pretty bad, so something in the middle of those two extremes would be nice.

Montario

Roller Poster

Maybe I'm just too oblivious but I don't understand all the hate on Eurofighter OTSRs; yes they can be a bit bulky and uncomfortable at times but I have never experienced any real pain or headbanging. The sides of the restraints hardly cover most of my head in fact. Anyway, I personally don't think there will be lapbars...the lateral G's and tight inversions this ride will seem to have would probably make you feel like your body is going to tear in half! :D

the king

Mega Poster

^I like the restraints. I find them ok, but not comfy. I think the only thing that makes them so bad is how sharp the transitions are on some of Gerstlauer's coasters. Such a example is of Saws final turn right before the last brake run. Hopefully SW7 does have lap bars.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Saw's restraints wouldn't be an issue at all (bit on the chunky side maybe) if they actually bothered to use the MCBR and slow the train down slightly before going into the latter half of the ride.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

Just incase anyone is interested Alton have updated their scarefest page and have confirmed that The Sanctuary is effectively a prequel to SW7. It sounds pretty neat actually!

http://www.altontowers.com/events/Hallo ... ttractions

"Is life a burden? Are things getting you down? Lost your Smile? Then check yourself in for a refreshing check up at The Sanctuary. The Ministry of Joy will launch its next revolutionary project in March 2013. After being closed for new patients for almost 50 years The Sanctuary, The Ministry of Joy’s earliest establishment, is now holding important trials searching for ‘Advocates’ for its 2013 project. So please, book your appointment, get yourself comfortable as the Doctor will see you now"

Intricks

Strata Poster

Why was I reading that in Dr. Zeds voice from Borderlands?

Sounds interesting indeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.