What's new

Alton Towers - Sub Species: Operation Lockdown Scarefest

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Alton Towers have put up a thing on their Facebook page, which says:

"The Phalanx...A government organisation tasked with protecting the world from unknown threats, linked with Alton Towers Resort forever in 1994 with their highest profile case ever - to control and contain the Nemesis creature... This Scarefest, they need you to join their ranks and help battle the latest threat to life as we know it. Are you brave enough to take on Sub Species: Operation Lockdown? A two-hour, extreme horror escape room experience where it's your job to save the world."

Seems a bit like the Sanctuary, so could this be something to do with SW8?

http://www.altontowers.com/habwvpnd/

Lofty

CF Legend
No, it is not linking to a new coaster - it is CLEARLY linked in with the Sub-Terra ride, you can even tell that from it's name. Either way, I'm booked in.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
It's interesting to see them using the room escape formula for this. It's nice to see them taking the less obvious route, but it seriously would've been nice to see them use it at Thorpe for Saw. Shame about the price though, £99 is way too much for what is only a 2hr experience. Also loving how the video is just excerpts of the Sub Terra queue line video. I think Lofty is right. If this is tied to any ride, it's Sub-Terra. The video steals from Sub Terra and the name is very suggestive that there will be links.

Remember the scaretour press release a couple of weeks back said that Sub Species: The end games would be one of the scare attractions. Obviously this is the same attraction, but do we think it's going to be a scare maze in the day and a room escape at night, or just a room escape.

Lofty

CF Legend
silenthillXD said:
Obviously this is the same attraction, but do we think it's going to be a scare maze in the day and a room escape at night, or just a room escape.
The latter, very much doubt them having an escape room experience during the day for normal guests, it defeats the object of creating a secondary unique experience on a night time.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Lofty said:
silenthillXD said:
Obviously this is the same attraction, but do we think it's going to be a scare maze in the day and a room escape at night, or just a room escape.
The latter, very much doubt them having an escape room experience during the day for normal guests, it defeats the object of creating a secondary unique experience on a night time.

I mean do we think they may be doing something similar to what Twisted Attractions are doing with Panic Unlocked (a walkthrough version of the attraction).

Lofty

CF Legend
& The night time event will be, but I think in terms of their day time event, it'll be just a commercial scare attraction. Looking forward to seeing what they're gonna do though.