What's new

Alton Towers/Ropers noise complaint rolls on

Ethan

Strata Poster
But still, surely the court could say "Yes the noise from the park is annoying, but so is the noise from the factory you own"?

marc

CF Legend
The factory has nothing to do with this and it won't even get mentioned. It's Alton on trial not them.

This will go on and on though.

If they win Alton will just appeal it etc.

If Alton win that's it though they cannot not be taken to court about the same thing.

Mark9

Roller Poster
Ethan said:
But still, surely the court could say "Yes the noise from the park is annoying, but so is the noise from the factory you own"?

It's irrelevant to the case going to court.

T0M

Hyper Poster
I think this is the final swansong from the Ropers, if they lose they will be crippled and have to give up. It may take an appeal, but I think this will now finally be sorted one way or another.

scw55

Hyper Poster
In my opinion, during this recession in Britain, it's bloody bold to threaten such a strong tourist attraction.

On a BBC report about Sub-Terra, the news reporter speaks to an employee of Alton Towers (I forgot who and his position). He spoke about the recession and how adding two new rides will stimulate the economy in this part of the country.

If the outcome damages Alton Tower's attractiveness to visitors then the local area will be heavily damaged. Alton won't be able to employ as many staff members. Local businesses that relied heavily on the tourist traffic of Alton Towers such as B&B's and pubs will suffer to. I wonder whether these people have any brains at all. It seems incredibly selfish to complain about the noise and take legal action when they potentially can kill the area they live in.

The only logical explanation for them to complain is that they love the area so much and they won't want to have to move. But that's ironic as taking legal action and winning actually kills the area they love so much. Alton Towers is what keeps many businesses in that area. Hurt Alton Towers, people will have to move away. Not everyone has the luxury of their own hypocritically noise producing factory.

If they win they ironically risk ruining not only their private lives (public harassment) but potentially their business life. I mean, who'd want to do business with individuals who damaged another business for pitiful reasons?

marc

CF Legend
What I am finding strange is the name they keep using, it should be Merlin but all the new reports keep saying Tussauds Group.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Mark9 said:
Ethan said:

It's irrelevant to the case going to court.

You're good at repeating other post's aren't you...

Anyhow i'm sure Alton will win. The Roper's must be up there with the Kardashians and the Royals in the Most Hated Family Rankings.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I get what you were coming from with regards to the factory, if it's as close to their house as Alton is, and it generates a similar level of noise as measured at their house, then their case would be a lot more flimsy. As for it affecting more people ( as in local villages ), that's for them to complain about, not Alton.