What's new

alton towers height limit?

herbinator

Mega Poster
I was wondering what the height limit is at alton towers because I can't find it anywhere so if anyone knows, please reply.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
About tree-top level. Attractions have to be low enough not to be seen from outside the park. I assume its about 60 - 70ft. Depending where abouts on the park it is.

herbinator

Mega Poster
alton towers height

if that's the case why has stealth been aproved because you can see that from the motorway.

herbinator

Mega Poster
I know stealth is at thorpe but your post sounded like it aplied to all parks as it is dependent on where the park is. I understand now, thanks

A

Anonymous

herbinator said:
I was wondering what the height limit is at alton towers because I can't find it anywhere so if anyone knows, please reply.
Air, Nemesis, Rita and Oblivion (as well as some other "Big rides") have a 1.4m height restriction, even though i can't see people that are 1.2m falling out of air's super comfy seats!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Re: alton towers height

herbinator said:
if that's the case why has stealth been aproved because you can see that from the motorway.

Stealth is at Thorpe, which also has hight restrictions. The restrictions are not as bad as Altons, but Stealth is still in breach of them. The limit is about 105-115 foot. They got special permision to build a ride around 100 foot past this, which is why it is painted white on top; to hide it from view.

At Alton Towers, nothing can go above the trees. Everything that may be seen through the tree tops must be painted dark green to hide it. This includes two of Rita's hills and Air's lift hill and first drop.

A

Anonymous

herbinator said:

I think that its about 80 90 ft because oblivion is that height above ground and thats the tallest but im not sure if im right or wrong on this one.