What's new

Alton Towers Bus Stops

jayjay

Giga Poster
Trying to plan out transport for the coming CF Live. Very quick question, on the timetables for the buses to Uttoxeter station, it has 2 stops listed for Alton Towers. Where are "Alton Towers MHQ" and "Alton Towers Plaza?"

Thanks.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I always use the 'Plaza' stop. I think the 'MHQ' one is towards the hotel. Getting off the bus is obvious, you know when you're at the gates, but when it comes to leaving, just make sure you're there early. The buses can get very busy.

I'll be getting the bus from Uttoxeter that morning too, so depending on which bus you're aiming for we might end up being on the same one!

jayjay

Giga Poster
Sorry, I'm on the 8.05 from Stoke. I was looking at the fact that the last Uttoxeter bus started from MHQ and not Plaza.

Thanks for the info, although I've managed to find people willing to do lifts back in the evening, so it's a bit irrelevent now. But will come in useful for future trips.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I assume MHQ is Magic HQ, the big green building used for employee training. That's a bit past the main entrance i.e. towards the hotels.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, you just want to use the Plaza stop.

It's called "Farley Gates Entrance" if you're using First Buses too... ;)