What's new

Alton Towers 9/9/11

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Arrived at the park just after 9.00 and made my way straight to the Dark Forest to do some ERT on Rita, as I usually do. The whole area was dead, so ended up doing 7 laps on Rita.

On to X-Sector next. Managed two rides on Oblivion before heading over to Forbidden Valley via the Skyride.

It was just after 10.00 now and FV was quite busy, although the Nemmy SRQ was deserted, so I took advantage of the fact and went round seven times….as you do ;) Next up was Air with an approx. queue time of 20 minutes. I’m not fussed when it comes to Air, but thought I may as well ride it, as the queue wasn’t too bad. Air broke down after ten minutes waiting and everyone was told to leave the queue and come back soon, so I decided to have lunch in Fresh fish and chips. Headed back over to Air and started queuing again, only to be told that this time one of the stations was experiencing technical difficulties, and as such, the queue time was now just over 40 minutes. I decided to forget it and go back to the other side of the park, so took the Skyride to Dark Forest.

Th13teen next! The main queue was horrendous, but the SRQ was empty, so managed to get on straight away. Decided to do Hex next (the queue was also empty) and then went back to X-Sector.

Went on Oblivion and Enterprise twice before having a look at Submission. This was my first ever time on Submission and TBH I didn’t think it was too bad, however, the ride suffers from G-Forceitis: a good experience let down by painful or restrictive restraints. Meh 5/10.

Up next was Sonic Spinball. I don’t bother with Sonic too much, as the queues are always bad, but I thought I’d have a go, seeing as the ride was quiet.

On to Katanga Canyon and the Runaway Mine Train. Not much to say about RMT, except that it’s one of those rides that has to be done on any trip to AT :p

It was just after 2.30 by now and I was exhausted, so we came home.

Ride count:
Rita X7
Th13teen X1
Nemesis X7
Oblivion X4
Enterprise X2
Submission X1
Sonic Spinball X1
Runaway Mine Train X1
Hex X1

Thanks for reading :)

I was there the same day as you, Nice Report.

Your lucky you got in at 9, we had to wait until 10 to get in.