What's new

Alabama Splash Adventure getting new coaster in 2019?

Matt N

Hi guys. I was just having a read through Screamscape when I found this:
Screamscape said:
2019 - New Attraction - Rumor - (8/29/18) No telling if this latest rumor is true or not, but a reader sent in a new rumor about Alabama Splash Adventure, claiming that the park may be looking into obtaining a good sized used steel coaster for a future expansion, possibly a Vekoma SLC style.
This would be a good fit for the park, if you ask me! They could use another decent size steel coaster from the looks of things!
P.S. Sorry if this already has a thread. Also, here's the Screamscape link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/alabama_splash_adventure.htm

Matt N

Apparently the SLC rumor is dead per Screamscape.
But they still want a coaster for next year, apparently. Apparently they're hosting the GTAs next year and Screamscape says that they might want something new for the crowds to try out...

I just had a thought. Could this be where the Chance Rides track spotted going East in Ohio was headed, by any chance?

Alabama is slightly west of Ohio. Though now that I think about it, something like a Chance Hyperlite would be a perfect addition to the park and it would compliment Rampage nicely.

oriolat2

But they still want a coaster for next year, apparently. Apparently they're hosting the GTAs next year and Screamscape says that they might want something new for the crowds to try out...

I just had a thought. Could this be where the Chance Rides track spotted going East in Ohio was headed, by any chance?
I see what you did there. ;)

I hope Alabama Adventure gets something soon, because as much as the park is in good hands, it needs a headliner again.

Matt N

According to Screamscape, Alabama Adventure probably isn't getting a coaster in 2019 and aren't hosting the GTAs, either. But they are apparently getting something next year, so we'll have to stay tuned!