What's new

Alabama Adventure | Cheddar Chase | L&T Systems Wild Mouse | 2022

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Nothing is confirmed about what ride we will be getting but yes Alabama Adventure is announcing their 2022 addition tomorrow.
I will be right up honest with you, but there's been close to no hype behind this one. They've not launched a teaser campaign outside of the occasional post reminding us that this is happening, there's no widespread countdown or high degrees of media coverage. Virtually all announcement speculation is being based off of one instagram reply from the park. They might not even actually unveil it in full, could pull a Fun Spot Atlanta on us. It does not feel like we could get an announcement tomorrow and yet it will likely happen.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
I will be right up honest with you, but there's been close to no hype behind this one. They've not launched a teaser campaign outside of the occasional post reminding us that this is happening, there's no widespread countdown or high degrees of media coverage. Virtually all announcement speculation is being based off of one instagram reply from the park. They might not even actually unveil it in full, could pull a Fun Spot Atlanta on us. It does not feel like we could get an announcement tomorrow and yet it will likely happen.
agreed, its been very weird. I am starting to have last minute fears it's just another teaser where they go "tee hee Christmas Day announcement". Its very clear it's something big, yet Rocket Racers had more hype, but maybe after last years backlash, they don't want to do something similar again.

@i305_zack check in around the afternoon, we will probably know around then

Last edited:

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Yah this whole thing is a LITTLE hesitation because of no teasers, but then again SFMM did not do any teasers and I started thinking a 2023 but bam, so maybe this announcement can be like SFMM, we will see tomorrow, you all got me a little excited now tho ngl lol

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Alabama Adventure said:

@bama_master we'll be revealing more on Thanksgiving!
Unfortunately, the more that I think about it, the more that I realize that 1) this never explicitly states it to be a formal announcement, and 2) we might have jumped the shark on this one. Last year's Rocket Racer campaign was far more spruced up than what currently appears to be a much larger attraction. Besides, think through the logic; why would the park not tease their major investment, which will be depended on to attract visitors and turn a profit? The obvious answer would of course be a complete ball drop, but if so then why spoil your own surprise in an instagram comment of all places? Not saying that it won't happen tomorrow, but I don't think that its a complete given like many are assuming.
But maybe after last years backlash, they don't want to do something similar again.
If I remember correctly, that "backlash" came from roller coaster enthusiasts online, because they announced a waterslide and not a roller coaster. Unless of course there was some other drama that you might know more about than myself.

Last edited:

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Unfortunately, the more that I think about it, the more that I realize that 1) this never explicitly states it to be a formal announcement, and 2) we might have jumped the shark on this one. Last year's Rocket Racer campaign was far more spruced up than what currently appears to be a much larger attraction. Besides, think through the logic; why would the park not tease their major investment, which will be depended on to attract visitors and turn a profit? The obvious answer would of course be a complete ball drop, but if so then why spoil your own surprise in an instagram comment of all places? Not saying that it won't happen tomorrow, but I don't think that its a complete given like many are assuming.

If I remember correctly, that "backlash" came from roller coaster enthusiasts online, and not the sensible ones. Why? Because they announced a waterslide and not a roller coaster. Unless of course there was some other drama that you might know more about than myself.

The teasing of Rocket Racer was *heavily* leaning into a coaster, until a random ama with a employee where it was announced it wasn’t a coaster.

A lot of fans of the park felt backstabbed over the campaign, including me.

CoasterHour

Roller Poster
Looks like we might have to wait a bit for that Gravity Group coaster, I'm thinking we will see a new family area now with the teaser hinting at a family area.
Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 5.19.28 PM.png

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Ladies and gentlemen, we got them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/rao5wl
If you look at the train underneath the tarp from the announcement video it looks exactly like Wild Lightnings trains (see photos in post), in addition to this earlier this year wild lightning appeared for sale on a used ride website (https://intermarkridegroup.com/roller-coasters/wild-mouse-coaster-rc1418), and the final bit of information is the fact that Wild lightning is no longer on Lake Winnie's website. All of this matches with the latest cheese teaser from the park.
Edit: I found a point in the video where you can clearly see the yellow headlight from wild lightning

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Shame for Lake Winnie, though. Last year they sold off their Sea Warrior Polyp for Indiana Beach for a quick buck. This year its their resident wild mouse. Can definitely applaud the parks who are buying these used rides (and definitely for AA for their killer eye and luck on the used rides market, last year's waterslide deal was the material equivalent of buying a brand new sports car for the price of a secondhand jeep), but this does raise my eyebrow for Lake Winnie. They ain't got replacements lined up for these, you know.