Votes: 0 0.0%
  • normal [2 inches]

• alot [oh d@#$ im gonna DIE!]

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

How much airtime do you like. I personally like of normal amount airtime. I dont want too feel like im gonna fall out. What do you think?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I like a bit of upthrust. A bit brutial and painful can be good fun like Det or Magnum.

If its not present though, I won't be bothered as I don't see it as the be all end all of a ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Considering it's one of the pinnacles of coaster nirvana that all geeks are ever searching for...

some. :razz:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The last one. That's how I remember ThunderCoaster in its glory days. Like, you felt that the lap bar felt that gravity wasn't fast enough, and helped pull you down the hills faster than you could fall. Though, you still never touched the seat. I felt traces of that sensation on Balder, but ThunderCoaster used to deliver even more. Too bad it also beat you up, and deafened you with its mighty roar. In that departement, Balder was a nicer coaster.

A

Anonymous

As much as possible :)

But then again, sometimes it can get a bit too much, like when you start hitting stuff because your ass is way off the seat...

Pokemaniac said:
Balder was a nicer coaster.
Did you ride it stand-up style??

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^I sat down, got nice airtime, and was treated nicely around the corners. Balder is like a doctor of sorts, giving forces in well calculated doses, gives you an awesome ride, but also makes sure it's comfortable.
ThunderCoaster was more like the cook in a school cantina, who just slaps a large portion of force on your plate, but couldn't care less about how it tastes. You got air-a-plenty, but you were subject to the same level of forces in basically every direction. And where doctor Balder made sure the bends were nice and smooth, ThunderCoaster just says "you want to go from heading in that direction, to heading in this direction? Here's track"
Balder can give awesome forces if you bribe him the right way, but you'll never leave the station with bruises. Ride ThunderCoaster the same way, and if you make it back to the station, you'll need help to get off.

Balder is nicer.

Holy crap I'm gonna die is obviously the best kind, but coasters like Diamondback and stuff made my top ten with a decent amount of air, just not "I'm gonna die" kinda stuff.

But yah, definitely OMG I'M GONNA DIE.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I like Irn Bru Revolution amount of airtime. Megafobia first drop, Speed: No Limits airtime hill. That sort of thing.

Last option plz, kthx.

CMonster

Giga Poster
The last one. Although normal can be good on some rides.

And if anybody puts "none," they should have their title of "coaster enthusiast" stripped away and should be banned. :wink:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
HOLY I'M GONNA DIE.

Irn Bru front row backwards, Nash with no seat belt and litterally 4 inches between me and the restraint kind of airtime.

I don't find airtime as great as other people, so as much as possible, please XD