What's new

After Dark returns to Oakwood!

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
...if only for 2 days a week.

Oakwood just responded to a comment on their Facebook wall with:

Oakwood said:
[...] We are indeed opening late in August again on Wednesdays and Fridays until 10pm as part of our newly repackaged 'Late Night Opening' - we look forward to seeing you!

I asked them further on the Twitters as to whether the fireworks would be returning, and whether they could spill the beans on anything else :p

Oakwood said:
We're hoping for fireworks but not 100% yet! Keep an eye on the FB/Twitter feeds for more morsels!
Link!

So, for those of you (me now included, for sure) heading down to Oakwood, be sure to make it a Wednesday or a Friday during August. Wunderbar :D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm, I could possibly be up for a Friday trip as it makes the commute bearable. I want fireworks though.

Ben

CF Legend
Great.

The one excuse other people might have to go to Oakwood, and it's AUGUST <///3

I'm never getting those damn creds :(

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
Great.

Ha, I'm up for a trip to Oakwood whenever. It's not like it's difficult for me :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well thats good to hear, for more reasons than one really.

This, plus the revamp of Hydro all points to the park kind of finding its feet again, after a few years of deteriorating.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
After Dark always was August wasn't it?

High chance I'll be pitching-up for some Fobia night action this year then :). Bit odd they're only doing Wed. and Fri. though.

Ben said:
What?! You've NOT done Oakie? :shock:

Lofty

CF Legend
I think this year is the year I HAVE to go back to the park. Bear in mind, the last time I went, Hydro & Speed wasn't there. Spooky 3D (or whatever it was called) was still Voodoo Mansion <3

How easy is the park to get to with local transport? Or is it easier to drive/get a lift from some lovely dear?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^You get your sorry ass to Bristol and you've got yourself a lift. That goes for anyone (up to 3 at once mind)!

I wouldn't mind heading back to Oakwood again, been years since I last went. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
I need to go back as Maddie keeps begging me to take her. After dark would be a good excuse to go as I haven't done Megafobia in the dark in years. :p
Need to beg my mum to take us to see our grandparents around that time and give us a lift to the park. :p

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Deal. We'll have to organise it for some time. I REALLY need to get to this park again. For Megaphobia, plus Hydro + Speed!

Dave

CF Legend
Ian said:
Hmm, I could possibly be up for a Friday trip as it makes the commute bearable. I want fireworks though.

Wonder if that farmer will let us camp again ;)

Sounds good though, the event always looked good.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ I probably won't be. I'll be working in Blackpool for most of it! Oi, anyway, we should all be jealous of were you're going!! Lol!