What's new

Adventureland, Iowa | The Monster | Gerstlauer Infinity

Intricks

Strata Poster
Seems like a new coaster is coming to Iowa. Announced via their Facebook page, The monster will take over the current spot of their Log Flume. Current stats are:

- 2500ft of track
- 133ft Vertical Lift followed by a 101° drop
- 5 "Inversions" (there are a definite two, but the other 3 are sketchy to me)
- One of said inversions will be the first Negative-G Stall Loop in the western hemisphere (?)
- 10 "airtime" moments
- Will cross the existing Sky Ride 8 times.

And video of layout:

http://youtu.be/lFbW5CcUh-k

Edited title and move to construction topic. - ECG

steel

Mega Poster
Re: The Monster || Unknown Manufacturer || Adventureland Par

This was like a massive shock to my system when I saw this on Twitter this morning, since they haven't added a new coaster for close to 20 years and as a park they've always seemed totally uninterested in anything happening in the rest of the world. But it looks great, it's a giant leap forward for Adventureland.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: The Monster at Adventureland, Iowa new for 2016 coaster

Always wanted an excuse to revisit the park and now I have one.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Has a manufacturer been revealed? A lot of folks are saying Zierer due to the popularity of Impulse, but the lift structure doesnt match up with that of Zierer. Could this be the states first Gerst Infinity?

TilenB

Strata Poster

The lift hill looks really Eurofighter-ish and my bet is that it's going to be branded as a Eurofighter if it does turn out to be Gerstlauer.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Reminds me a lot of the new Gerst in Power Park! Looks like a fantastic addition, strange to see such a long ride without a MCBR.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

That looks really good! Definitely a stronger layout than any other Euro fighter thus far. Gerstlauer are very quickly becoming one of my favourite coaster manufacturers.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Yeah, Gerstlauer seems to be doing really well. Their launchers, family coasters and bobsleds are absolutely brilliant for what they are. Very excited to see how this will turn out. Since this is a Eurofighter, I hope it will be of the same quality as the aforementioned ride types.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Not worth Iowa. Nothing worth going back there ever for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Just spoke with the park's PR and it's going to be a Gersty. Hopefully she'll get back to me on whether it's a Eurofighter or Infinity.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

ECG said:
Always wanted an excuse to revisit the park and now I have one.
For real, Adventureland was such an awesome park when I went. I'd love to revisit it.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Re: Adventureland, Iowa | The Monster | Gerstlauer

Wow! Totally didn't expect that, looks fun! If I do Great Lakes next year this'll be awesome!

Is this a clone of some type or a custom? The layout feels familiar but I can't quite place it. :/

TilenB

Strata Poster

CarolinaRider said:
^ According to RCDB it's an Infinity.

Yet they still refuse to brand Kärnan as one... So I wouldn't trust them too soon on it ;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

CarolinaRider said:
^ According to RCDB it's an Infinity.
That's what I thought, but the park says it's a hybrid - Infinity track with EuroFighter trains. I guess we'll follow RCDB's lead and call it Infinity as well.

mouse

Giga Poster
I thought the vertical lift and beyond vertical drop (as well as the trains) are what defines a eurofighter? Other than the beyond vertical drops is there much of a difference between infinity and eurofighter track?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Always great to see "small" parks punching above their weight. Shame it's a Gerstaluer, but you can't have it all. I know very little about this park so anything big that makes me aware of the park and increases my want of visiting is a good thing. It's like Storyland, I wouldn't have given the park a second glance if it wasn't for Roar-o-Sarus. Good on 'em I say!

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I really liked Adventureland when I went there a few weeks back, but I did keep thinking that they could use another big rollercoaster. This should do the trick.