What's new

Doha Oasis Quest | EpiQ Coaster | Premier Rides LSM Coaster | 2021

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'm sure the likes of Mission Ferrari will be gunning for that record. ;)
Hmm, true. This thread was created in March 2014, while that thread is from November of that year. If Mission Ferrari takes more than seven months to open from today, the crown may be passed next year already.

If it opens before that, though, we'd have to wait a few more years. I guess the Hotgo Park B&Ms could outdo EpiQ Coaster (thread created September 2015), but at some point I think we will unstick that thread unless there are news of construction restart. Next in line is actually Pantheon's thread, created as a news thread in August 2017 (although the project went through a few transformations since then). One more stickied thread, for the launch coaster at Window of the World, originated in 2017 (December 29, though), and that one has been delayed a bit so it may become a contender in the future. Then there are 6 threads from 2018 still stickied, if my count is correct, but I doubt any of those coasters will be delayed for four years from today.

Or I guess we could re-sticky the Kiev Respublica thread we lost patience with three years ago, but which might look like it could be restarting again. That one was from 2013.

Niles

Giga Poster
A POV that is not sped up this time 😣 skip to 5.30 in the vlog for the POV. The first launch looks pretty good but that trim hits hard on the way down the spike, still looks decent enough though. Also you can see a POV the cloud coaster by extreme engineering at 11.00.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
is the speed getting trimmed as it comes back through the station? if so, thats an interesting design decision
You've inspired me to go into a rant on the design, two things; one, that's the showroom, not the station. It starts at a separate platform and makes its way through a few semi-useless flat turns before boarding a switch track into the launch segment. And two, which also explains these useless flat sections and your question; the actual layout excluding the added on spike is a clone of 2013's Deep Space launch coaster at Imagicaa in India. This coaster first began development right after the time that Deep Space opened (a long time for something that has only recently opened), so the interest in cloning that layout would make sense. The flat turns were a dark ride section on the original, here they just... exist. Development of the spike launch was actually slightly ahead of its time if this was announced in 2014 (as Dragonfire), considering that the system only first opened on Intamin's Soaring With Dragon in 2016 (announced in September 2015 so development may have been around the same time as or just after this). Adding a massive spike to a mostly lower-to-the-ground coaster layout is a bit of an odd choice as the train needs to go at a higher speed to deal with the spike rather than the lower necessitated speed for the flat layout. Its odd in comparison to other designs (aka Pantheon, Soaring With Dragon, Ice Breaker) where the train gets to build up speed with a rollback hill going forwards, they didn't get one to work with here so instead right off the bat they're fookin' yeeting the train backwards before letting it do the actual intended layout. Almost feels like two separate coaster designs stitched up into one. Rant over.