What's new

Adventure Island 2011

Martyn B

CF Legend
I went to check the opening dates for Adventure Island, for around the new year, as its kind of become a bit of a routine now, but not this year unfortunetly:

PLEASE NOTE:
Due to the work taking place whilst we prepare for exciting new attractions opening next year, the park will be closed throughout December 2010 and January 2011.

http://www.adventureisland.co.uk/openingtimes.php

So yay, good news for new attraction, but boo to not being able to visit over new year!

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Damn it! I was kind of relying on Adventure Island to stop me from going crazy because of all the other parks being shut in winter!

And I had no idea they were getting something new next year...eh, you learn something new every day, right? XD

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Found an article, not really very useful, but it does say this:

Space is at a premium for us and it is the biggest issue affecting future developments, to make way for our 2011 attraction we have had to construct a brand new arcade underneath our Mighty Mini Mega Roller Coaster then demolish the old Lucky Strike arcade situated next to it. We are constantly trying to think of new ways in which we can create more space and it does unfortunately get to a point every now and then where we do have to remove a ride to make way for a new one.

http://www.gforcemag.com/2010/profiled-philip-miller/

marc

CF Legend
I think its great how AI have kept what they are getting a secret, I cannot wait to see what it is.

It will be a flat ride of some type, I am hoping for a Top Scan but who knows.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Lol, thats how I feel. I am actually quite gutted about it.

I'd guess with a code name 'G-Force' it surely has to be some kind of thrill ride. From what I can remember though, that arcade wasn't too big.

Hurri

Mega Poster
G-Force isn't going on the old arcade site...

The Dragon roundabout is moving there, and there'll probably be a new small ride with it. 'Project G-Force', which is being built by the park's workshop team, will then go on Dragon's old spot.

Interestingly though, the early marketing drafts for next year say 'three new rides' - let the speculation commence!

Mark

Strata Poster
Considering what Hurri just said about the location of this GForce ride - which is not exactly large, and then the name, I reckon it could be something along the lines of one of them old Rotor rides where the floor drops...

From memory, the Dragon Roundabout currently sits right under the tallest part of Green Scream, which would certainly give them some room for something taller, but not something with a huge footprint. The Top-Scan is probably out of the question :(

Hurri

Mega Poster
Dragon's close to Green Scream but not actually under any part of the track :)

And if the park should want to put a very tall ride in, there's plenty of room where Blackbeards currently is...

In the words of Manuel, I know naaathing!

Hurri

Mega Poster
Adventure Island 2011 - coaster and thrill ride

Got confirmation from the park today that there's going to be two new attractions next year...

'Project G-Force' is a flat ride currently under construction in the park's workshop, it will be another home-built unique ride, but with a much higher level of intensity than anything the park have bult before.

The other new ride will be a junior coaster from Zamperla. I don't know much else about it at the moment but apparently they've only made one other coaster of this type. I've got a feeling it'll be similar to the Circus Coaster at Luna Park.

The coaster will be on the former site of the Lucky Strike arcade, by the Gold Mine. It'll be accompanied by the Dragon roundabout which is being relocated to that area, making space on the east side for the new flat ride.

'Project G-Force', which is probably going to have a time machine theme, will be opening early next year, probably Feb-March. The coaster will follow around April, hopefully before Easter.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Hooray, I really like Adventure Island and the fact that they do try really hard to create unique rides rather than just buying from a catalogue (as far as they can anyway). I hope the new rides are weirdly themed like the rest of the park =]

Martyn B

CF Legend
Woo for new coaster an all, but I cant see how the park can benefit much from it, as its practically the same as MMM.

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
Martyn B said:
Woo for new coaster an all, but I cant see how the park can benefit much from it, as its practically the same as MMM.

It will be a Mini Band Ride, so where MMM is for Children 1metre and over when accompanied by an adult (Junior Band). This new ride will be suitable for children Under 1 Metre (Yes, even babies), so long as they are accompanied by an adult.

Meaning there is a Roller Coaster to suit everyone, Rage (Big Adventure) for thrill seekers, Green Scream, Barnstormer and MMM for those daring younger riders and this new Mini Coaster for the little ones under 1 metre.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm not going to lie, the new coaster isn't exactly making me hard, but the flat ride sounds interesting.

Having said that, while I appreciate the effort that AI go to with regard to unique attractions, I hope that this doesn't turn into another "Fireball" - quite possibly the dullest, yet inexplicably nauseating, flat ride I think I've ever encountered.

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
The article also says that Gulliver’s Warrington are getting a new attraction - no more info though

Off topic, but saw this on page 1.

They will... But believe me, it's nothing to get excited about. :D