What's new

Acrophobia (Download available!)

RCF

Strata Poster
Well I've got a new coaster, an unnamed B&M hyper with a top speed of about 78 mph, a height of about 225 feet, and a length of 4293 ft.

Some screens:

hyper101107144359002.png

hyper101107144328001.png

hyper101107144307000.png

And a full layout shot
hyper101107145246000.png

Download (and possibly a video) will be up within the week.

Comments and criticism appreciated!

A

Anonymous

That support on the first drop should be re-done, it looks nothing like a B&M design. You should also widened the structure a bit, and maybe remove a few of them as well, to make them realistic.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The hill in the first picture looks a bit too curvy to me. I think most of the hills are in a straight line, with only the very bottom of the pull up being used for the lead-in/out.

Also, the hills look far too long and drawn out, and the drop from the MCBR looks too steep too. AND the first drop supports are pretty bad.

Quite like the look of the little helix thing at the end though.

RCF

Strata Poster
I have some screenshots for your opinion. Since I've never made a B&M hyper, I want to see if it's a little over supported. I did alter the ride a touch, with supports and track, as well as finishing the supports. Download and name will be available soon.

Turnaround
hyper101108183552001.png

Second hill and brake run
hyper101108201236001.png

Before brake run
hyper101108201244002.png

Top of lift shot
hyper101108183443000.png

Comments and criticism appreciated

Xpress

Strata Poster
I believe you went overkill 9000 with the brakerun... Some techniques I use for my B&M's:

I support the lifthills with 5 supports for something of this height. The first support I normally place is right at the transition to the lifthill from flat, and i'll normally use a vertical support for that, or I have been known to copy THIS support to the far left- usually I use a size 2 tube. For the next support I use an inverted y frame support, made from size 2 tube again.

The next support I will use the vertical support as a size 3 tube, then the bracing support as size 2. The next 2 supports will be 3 and 4 size respectively. The last support for the lift I tend to place right at the top, or towards the end of the lift chain. For the drop, you need much less supporting.

As for the rest of the track, looks good, but way too drawn out. That turnaround before the MCBR you could turn into a twisted Hammerhead like on Intimidator.

Jer

Strata Poster
Seems like you fixed a lot. I like your attempt at custom supports but as mentioned above there are way to many on the brake run, you only need about 2 or 3 on it. The layout wasn't bad, a little drawn out, and actually kind of smooth. The helix at the end could've used some more work too, some smoothing and tunnel testing. The exit to the MCBR was a little sudden, this is an easy fix just used the handles and extend them as you move the pull out at the bottom. I do like it though, and you're on the right track. Keep um coming.

Error

Strata Poster
Definitely an improvement over your last one, but still needs some work.

Your banking has improved, the only issue with banking is in that second to last hill (Ow). Some hills are drawn out, while others are too short, mostly with the last section and mcrb. As with the supports, elimate every other support on the lift hill, second hill, and mcrb and it'll look more B&M like. The far turn in the layout is too drawn out so it's a bit forceless and boring. And finally the last airtime hills on the return are bit drawn out at the top, but short at the bottoms.

Overall, you once again show you know what makes a good layout. Still needs a bit of more practice, but you're moving up!