What's new

Accident at Camelot, Lancashire

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Local radio are reporting a "little boy" has fallen out of a ride at Camelot, and the paper has this report:

A BOY is said to have been injured after falling from a ride at Camelot theme park.

Lancashire Police say it is unknown how the boy has fallen from the ride, the Excailbur 2, at the Charnock Richard park near Chorley.

The extent of his injuries are unknown. The air ambulance has taken the boy to Wigan General Hospital earlier today.

A joint Police and Health and Safety investigation is now under way.
http://www.chorleycitizen.co.uk/news/92 ... heme_park/

Don't think "little boys" should be on that ride - something's gone wrong somewhere!

peep

CF Legend
Oh that's not good and it isn't going to help lure people into the dying park, this is the last thing Camelot needs. I hope the incident wasn't too serious and the kid is ok.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I KNEW that ride was a death-trap...

Sigh, another nail in the coffin perhaps to the park? See how badly the kid is hurt but it won't help...

Nicky

Hyper Poster
Not good especially if he fell from the top of it. Will have to wait for further details to find out where he fell from.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I was planning on going on Thursday too!

Be interesting to see the cause - when I've been on, the operators have been more interested in checking Facebook than checking everyone's in safely.

ETA: Granada Reports say the boy fell 80ft, and was hanging on as the ride paused before he fell

T0M

Hyper Poster
These are one of the worst flat rides I have been on, but I'm still not sure how they could be unsafe apart from restraint failure or insufficient checks by the operator.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^ The most likely way he fell out was slipping the harness because when I was younger, my shoulders were narrow enough to fit through the harness while sitting normally.

T0M

Hyper Poster
^ Isn't there like a cage thing around you as well though? There's one just down the road from me at Pleasure Island, but I can't recall exactly.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Although I can't stand Camelot, I dislike any accident at a theme park.

I hope the kid survives, sues the park and causes it to close down once and for all.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I hope the kid survives, sues the park and causes it to close down once and for all.

I dont like the place either, but thats still a bit harsh, we are theme park entusiasts after all.

These rides are awful. There was an accident on the one at GYPB a couple of years ago too, plus the one at Barry Island which has literally just fell apart.

Hopefully this spells the end for the ride, and they get a decent replacement.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't consider it harsh at all.

Camelot has been void of atmosphere and identity for years. Either somebody else should take over or it should close and the rides being sold off to other parks who will give them a better home.

I'm very enthusiastic about theme parks (I'm Ian From CoasterForce after all!) but Camelot is painful to read about, let alone visit.

I await the outcome of the investigation into this accident with great interest.

tks

Strata Poster
oriolat2 said:
tks said:
^ Not before I get the knightmare cred please!

Did you want the Excalibur II cred, too? :p

I went on that a long time ago, when I was pretty small even for my height.. I absolutely hated the thing and thought that it was just horrible.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I went last year for the first time after over a decade and had a good time. Thought it was a surprisingly decent day out (although maybe I'm biased because it's 15 minutes from my house and I seemed to know half the staff there). But there's no investment, as if the owners are treading water until the inevitable closedown. It needs at least 2 or 3 interesting decent new rides next season... if there is a next season.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ugh. It was only a matter of time before someone was injured at this park again. It's in such a dire state. From the stories of people in the local area, they weren't the best lately at being secure in their loading on rides. That coming from a few people I know who've been recently.