What's new

Accident at Alton Towers

Smithy

Strata Poster
Retweeted this too

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ColTalbot1/status/758068313587126272[/tweet]

Like, I've queued for front row loads of times.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Not milking it at all

30bkyme.jpg

Hutch

Strata Poster
WTF. This is absurd. :lol:

Someone should rename this topic to the "Vicky Balch Thread" or something like that lol.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Guys, reposting every annoying thing she does will hardly help her dissappear. I'm glad she and the rest of the people injured are ok, but I couldn't care less what they get up to now.
Have Merlin been sentenced yet? I cant remember, would be nice to draw a line under this.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ They're waiting for Vicky Balch to get her judge's robe fitted.

Sandman

Giga Poster
DelPiero said:
Guys, reposting every annoying thing she does will hardly help her dissappear.

I don't think anyone wants her to disappear. We just wish she'd hurry up and release her autobiography. It's been a year already, goddamn it!

Ireeb

Mega Poster
*screaming internally* Obviously the Smiler is the only roller coaster which has had technical issues. All other roller coasters have a 100% uptime. WHY THE **** ARE THEY STILL REPORTING THIS.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Urgh, when I saw AT trending on Twitter, I had that awful feeling something terrible had happened. Then I saw it was a e-stop and got angry. Some sections of the media really have it in for rollercoasters.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
BUT HOW WILL WE KNOW ITS SAFE UNTIL SAFETY EXPERT VICKY IS ON THE CASE?!?!?!?!?!?

The good thing is that people actually seem to realise that all this "coasters are dangerous" stuff is just BS. Just look at the comments on the link on Facebook - most of them just pointing out that the ride is safe. And these are just the average person who doesn't know anything about coaster safety.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Lord Joe has called for The Smiler to be closed down permanently! The public are now awaiting on Queen Vicky's opinion on today's breakdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nealbie

CF Legend
To be honest, I'd be more than happy to see it go. It's more trouble than it's worth and I've got the cred so they can put something else there instead.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They can't close it down because then the hyperbolic media win! Several media outlets called me up today asking for a few words, and every time I questioned why they consider this to be a story as things (not just coasters) break down/e-stop regularly. Every time they responded, "because it's The Smiler". As much as I think the coaster is pretty damn awful to ride, it's still a cred and I worry that it will never shake off the 2015 incident.