What's new

Accident at Alton Towers

Ben

CF Legend
I was thinking about this the other day, because a girl I sort-of know lost her leg this week because she got hit by a car (she was walking on the pavement and they lost control and mounted it).

She doesn't have the money these people do, because even though it was someone's error they were an individual rather than representing a company, and no-one outside of those who know her give a ****.

This is just a terrible, but not actually THAT rare, event blown out of proportion and they're ****.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
Ben said:
I was thinking about this the other day, because a girl I sort-of know lost her leg this week because she got hit by a car (she was walking on the pavement and they lost control and mounted it).

Not to make light of a tragedy, but the way you worded that sounds like somebody mounted her leg on a wall or something. Ambiguities...

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Alaeriia said:
Ben said:

Not to make light of a tragedy, but the way you worded that sounds like somebody mounted her leg on a wall or something. Ambiguities...

Thank you for my daily chuckle. Genuinely made me laugh.

WelcomeToOblivion

Giga Poster
ohirome said:
So I've lurked for god knows how long but decided to join, pretty much just to ask why its deemed so hilarious to take the piss out of someone who's had a life changing injury caused by towers staff cocking up? I mean sure shes made the most of it but who wouldn't? Given that someone else's incompetence caused her to lose half a leg and pretty much kill her planned career prospects, I'd say going on Lorraine and speaking unfavorably about her experience is understandable. But heyho, us coaster dorks probably know better. Life is nice when sweating over a keyboard eh!

Alright hiya Vicky I was wondering when you'd finally grace us with your presence

Ben

CF Legend
'I want to be a model now'

**** sake.

She's just, the worst.

I love how she bangs on about it ruining her life and chances for work when she's already made more money than she ever would have being another Northern slag.

T0M

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
'I want to be a model now'

**** sake.

She's just, the worst.

I love how she bangs on about it ruining her life and chances for work when she's already made more money than she ever would have being another Northern slag.

Hardly something confined to the north is it.

The cashing-in has gone way too far now, literally don't want to hear another thing about them.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Maybe posing for the raunchy shots is part of her rehab. I always thought she was sexy anyway. Now she's rich and sexy.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
It's so.. tasteless. I mean if you're gunna pose in your underwear, at least do it for a classy magazine, not for the Mirror. They give it away for free at the airport.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Honestly, this whole scenario has frazzled my brain. It's like some satirical piece from Brass Eye or something.

Woman loses leg in horrific accident > Woman talks openly about distress caused by accident > Woman makes loads of money and gains moderate fame from constantly referring to accident > Woman has better life thanks to accident.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Anybody else slightly disappointed that Vicky isn't on Celebrity Big Brother?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
CBB is for attention seekers and people who 'milk the media' so why would Vicky do that????? Besides she says she doesn't do that.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/vickyj_b/status/757559419995561984[/tweet]

She's more ITV Lorraine's 'Inspirational Woman of the Year' award material. She'll never demote herself to channel 5.

Ben

CF Legend
Pink Panther said:
CBB is for attention seekers and people who 'milk the media' so why would Vicky do that????? Besides she says she doesn't do that.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/vickyj_b/status/757559419995561984[/tweet]

She's more ITV Lorraine's 'Inspirational Woman of the Year' award material. She'll never demote herself to channel 5.

She does realise she can say 'no', right?